Hi, i am preparing for the exam 1Z0-899/OCPJWCD 6 and i have some questions about the preparation, and BTW i searched the forum here before posting:
1- Book: the only good book i can find for now is the Head First ServletJSP, Second Edition, but it's mostly for the Java EE 5, so are there any books for Java EE 6 ?
2- Real Questions or Mock Exams: again the only real questions i found is for Java EE 5, so are there any real questions for Java EE 6 ?
3- Advises from the people passed the exam: can anyone from the people passed the exams give me some feedback about the exam, and how he prepared for the exam ?
1) There is, as far as I know, not yet a book targeting the new EE6 exam. Head first remains of good use for most of the basics. For the new features you should get your information from the web or from the specs.
2) Please don't mention Real Questions as talking about them is not appropriate in these Javaranch forums. Mock exams targeting the new exam are available, just have a look a the links provided in the Scwcd links
3) Please read the stories of a few of us who have passed and shared their preparation with us in the Scwcd links
hi I passed OCEJWCD with 94% mark.
i read the book HeadFisrt Servlet & Jsp twice.
i did the exercies at the end of every page and made final exam twice.
i got a simulator from ENTHUWARE TEST Studio and it hepled me so much.the questions are relly close to real exam. Especially the LAST DAY TEST.
And also Piotr Nowicki's Homepage is really good material for 3.0 new features.
Now i will register for JAva arthitect.
I recently cleared OCJP 6 with 83%.I am planning to appear for OCEJWCD 6.0.
If HeadFirst JSP and Servlet Second edition, which is for JAVA 5 is enough for preparation?
Even few people suggest OCEJWCD-Study Comapanion : Certified Expert Java EE6 Web Component Developer - 3rd Edition by Charles Lylons.But I can only find Java EE5 version of this book.
1) Read some of the stories from The Wall Of Fame
2) Read Head First
3) Read the specification to knox about the new features in Java EE 6
4) Do some coding (I followed HF and did the examples in the book)
5) Piotr Nowicki's Exam is a MUST so you can grasp concepts like Asynchronous processing...