This week's book giveaway is in the General Computing forum. We're giving away four copies of Arduino in Action and have Martin Evans, Joshua Noble, and Jordan Hochenbaum on-line! See this thread for details.
I am newbie to J2ME. However having a nice experience with Java, J2EE ... since JDK 1.02 up to JDK 1.6
Now involved in no so complex project for mobile. A MIDlet with HTTP network communication. The crucial problem is receiving and parsing XML data.
● I have installed Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0.5, SPRINT WTK and J2ME plugin for Eclipse.
● I decided to use Eclipse due to my experience with the framework. I use Version: 3.5.2
● I selected kxml2 for XML parsing and handling.
● the anticipated target (first approach) is MIDP-2 with CLDC-1.1
● my OS is Vista (I know ... ).
Unfortunately I faced some troubles. (for a newbie).
* The first one is related to emulator, which does not work so good. Just launched test starts slowly ending with message "couldn't connect to virtual machine.". So I found that I can use the displayed emulator interface to load relevant jad file.
May be I have to install another devices ...
The one I tried to use is:
* The second is debugging of HTTP connection. Is it possible to do it making simple Java tests ?
I added a standard main() method (as I used to do in normal Java projects)