This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
The long awaited version of Aspose.Slides for Java (2.9.0) has been released. This release is compliant with JDK 1.5 and adds support for picture bullets in PPTX presentations. However, this is mainly a maintenance release that fixes a number of different issues. We have resolved issues to do with presentation access, as well as table rendering issues and issues with missing border lines relating to saved and cloned presentations. The issue of table borders failing to render in saved or cloned presentation has also been resolved in this hotfix. This release includes plenty improved features and also fixes for following issues.
- Table borders missing in generated presentation
- NullPointerException on cloning slide
- UnknownFileFormat on accessing the presentation
- Table lines disappears on saving PPT
- Setting text frame anchoring type does not work
- Table lines are missing cloned PPT
- CellEx.splitByRowSpan() always throws Exception
- JDK 1.5 computable version of Aspose.Slides for Java - Bullets improperly rendered in generated thumbnail
- Filling Shapes with specified color feature is not working any more in version 2.8.0
- Aspose.Slides license failed to load if used in JPF plugin framework
- PPT failed to load
- A lot of regressions when cloning slides
- PPTX -> PDF export having chart
- Update EULA for Aspose.Slides
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Slides for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Slides for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Slides is a Java component to create, read, write and modify a PowerPoint document without using Microsoft PowerPoint. It supports PHP applications and provides all advanced features for managing presentations, slides, shapes, tables and supports PPT, POT, POS PowerPoint formats. Now you can add, access, copy, clone, edit and delete slides in your presentations. It also supports audio & video frames, adding pictures, text frames and saving presentations as streams or SVG format.