Thank you Merrill for your prompt and useful reply!
But I guess, I am stuck in the myMethodThatTransformsToSSL(regularURL) method! I assumed that I'd be able to construct the entire URL by using the methods in the request object (like getRequestURL or something) but I am not able to get this working with the tiles definition.
Could you let me know how do I set up the URL with 'https' and forward/redirect it to the content page of tiles definition?
I came across the sslext library (from sourceforge) but since our application already is in alpha testing, I didnt want to go that route... [ November 13, 2007: Message edited by: Bhaskar Reddy ]
Joined: Feb 15, 2005
Since you're changing protocols (http to https) you must redirect to a new URL rather than simply forwarding to it. Since you're using tiles, this means redisplaying the tiles template. Since the current request is only for the current page fragment, I don't know of a way to dynamically get the name of the tiles template being displayed. You may have to hard code it.
I'd still get the server portion of the URL using the reqeust.getRequestURI() method. Then change http to https and plug in the tiles template.