Win a copy of Re-engineering Legacy Software this week in the Refactoring forum
or Docker in Action in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

What dose "Anonymous Posts" mean in user permisson page?

 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
as title!
Why dose a logined user have anonymous setting? :?:
[originally posted on jforum.net by richardsclin]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It is used to allow or deny anonymous posts to some forum.

Rafael
[originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Steil]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Why dose a logined user can create anonymous post?

[originally posted on jforum.net by Anonymous]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
He cannot ;)

"Anonymous Post" means a message in some forum by an user which is not logged in.

Rafael
[originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Steil]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rafael Steil wrote:

"Anonymous Post" means a message in some forum by an user which is not logged in.



What do you mean by some forum? Is it the forums at jforum?

After reading the above, I have tried to post without logging in but the login screen will appear. :roll:


[originally posted on jforum.net by Anonymous]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Anonymous wrote:

What do you mean by some forum? Is it the forums at jforum?

After reading the above, I have tried to post without logging in but the login screen will appear. :roll:



At www.jforum.net
I post the above Anonymous post without remebering to log in. Now I know how to post anonymously.


At jforum installed on my computer
Anyway, I was doing the testing on jforum rc 4, running on my computer.
If I tried to post anonymously on the forum running on my computer, I will always be prompt with a login screen.

I have checked and found all the Groups' and Users' permission settings allowed anonymous post. The forum installed on my computer, works only after I clicked on 'save' on each groups at the Forum Admin.

Regards,
james yong
[originally posted on jforum.net by Anonymous]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

What do you mean by some forum? Is it the forums at jforum?

After reading the above, I have tried to post without logging in but the login screen will appear. :roll:



At www.jforum.net
I post the above Anonymous post without remebering to log in. Now I know how to post anonymously.


At jforum installed on my computer
Anyway, I was doing the testing on jforum rc 4, running on my computer.
If I tried to post anonymously on the forum running on my computer, I will always be prompt with a login screen.

I have checked and found all the Groups' and Users' permission settings allowed anonymous post. The forum installed on my computer, works only after I clicked on 'save' on each groups at the Forum Admin.

Regards,
james yong


Hey, I thought the second time (Logout [jamesyong] appeared on top before I posted) I was logged in, but it appears as an anonymous post :roll: Anyway, I don't know why.

Will my logging out on the forum installed on my computer, affects my session here when I am using this computer?

--james yong
[originally posted on jforum.net by jamesyong]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
jamesyong wrote:

Will my logging out on the forum installed on my computer, affects my session here when I am using this computer?

--james yong


Testing the above.

--james yong
[originally posted on jforum.net by jamesyong]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
jamesyong wrote:

Will my logging out on the forum installed on my computer, affects my session here when I am using this computer?

--james yong


Testing the above again.

--james yong

Edited: OK, the answer to my question is NO. So forget about my question quoted above.
[originally posted on jforum.net by jamesyong]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
richardsclin wrote:as title!
Why dose a logined user have anonymous setting? :?:


AFAIK, the Anonymous Posts in the User Permission Page is not really in use. It is used only for the Group Permission.

Regards,
James Yong
[originally posted on jforum.net by jamesyong]
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic