File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
Win a copy of Clojure in Action this week in the Clojure forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Email notifications

 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rafael, i've seen "Email notifications" feature in Features list, but i can't find it. Is it possible to send Email notifications for all participants of one selected forum or topic or category ? :?:

One more question: as admin i see all categories at home page, but usual visitor sees one category only. How can i set possibility to see all categories at home page for each ? :?:
[originally posted on jforum.net by Anonymous]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
By the way - if i use emoticon "Question" i get emoticon "Confused"
[originally posted on jforum.net by mishelk]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
mishelk wrote:Rafael, i've seen "Email notifications" feature in Features list, but i can't find it. Is it possible to send Email notifications for all participants of one selected forum or topic or category ? :?:


Admin -> Configurations -> Email

There you can configure all email settings.

mishelk wrote:
One more question: as admin i see all categories at home page, but usual visitor sees one category only. How can i set possibility to see all categories at home page for each ? :?:


Hmm.. probably the group the user is in does not have access rights to the category. Go to Admin -> Groups -> Permissions, check the configurations for the group and then Click "Save". ( note: click "Save" even if everhting is as expected ).

Rafael
[originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Steil]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
mishelk wrote:By the way - if i use emoticon "Question" i get emoticon "Confused"


Right.. I registered the bug at http://www.jforum.net/jira/browse/JF-190

Rafael
[originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Steil]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i am ready describe problem with categories visibility more precisely: when i enter the forum and haven't registered yet - i see only one category. After i in admin role have entered into each group permissions and saved it without any changes - all categories became visible for unregistered visitors.

Well, it works now :!: but still seems to me a bit strange
[originally posted on jforum.net by Anonymous]
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic