This week's giveaway is in the Android forum.
We're giving away four copies of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons and have Godfrey Nolan on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes JForum and the fly likes different search problem in version 2.1.8 with 2.1.7 Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » JForum
Bookmark "different search problem in version 2.1.8 with 2.1.7" Watch "different search problem in version 2.1.8 with 2.1.7" New topic
Author

different search problem in version 2.1.8 with 2.1.7

Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 22, 2012
Posts: 17424
I got a differenet problem about search in version2.1.8 with version 2.1.7

in versin2.1.7, I can not get the right result when search Chinese character if I didn't put all the topic words, but I got it while put them all. for example: (you can think upcase character is Chinese Character and lower is english character)

the topic is "ABCDEFG", I got no result while I searh by keyword "AB" and got it while searh keyword "ABCDEFG"


in version2.1.8, something is still wrong.
the same search, I got an exception whatever I search by keyword "AB" or "ABCDEFG".
I notice if the topic have a english character end, like "ABCDEFGabc", I can get a result if search by keyword "EFGabc" or "ABCDEFGabc".

can someone give a suggest? thanks in advance

by the way, I custom the jforum (version2.1.7) to a sub directory of my app, I am scared to upgrade to new version because I have do a lots work to custom.
[originally posted on jforum.net by Patrick]
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 22, 2012
Posts: 17424
fixed.

because I append " URIEncoding="UTF-8"" at server.xml before when I use version 2.1.7 now it works while I removed it.


[originally posted on jforum.net by Patrick]
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: different search problem in version 2.1.8 with 2.1.7
 
Similar Threads
Reading chinese characters through java input fields
Marking a topic
Adopting my Daughter
Best way to handle huge write operation
Problem of Query Chinese words in MySQL using Java (Servlet java)