• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

translated strings bad encoding

 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I started translating JForum to Polish and have problem with encoding translated strings from pl_PL.properties. I tried UTF-8 and ISO-8859-2 and both don't work properly. I'm sure that pl_PL.properties encoding is the same as that I set in Admin Control Panel. Posts encoding works fine. Is this a new bug or I make somethink wrong?
[originally posted on jforum.net by kayne]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I use UTF-8 system (forum) encoding and I had to use unicode hex entities instead of diacritics. It has one big advantage - you don't have to specify the encoding of properties file and It will work on all platforms. I use PSpad editor for transcoding national characters to unicode hex entities.
[originally posted on jforum.net by Tsafkiel]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thx for reply. I think I found the reason of the problem. I18n class use java.util.Properties to store strings from properties files. According to javadoc Properties use ISO-8859-1 encoding which is not capable to encode Polish chars.
[originally posted on jforum.net by kayne]
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic