Dialing a phone through a Web Page without using VOIP
ajay kumar saxena
Joined: Apr 25, 2012
How do you do??
Need some help w.r.t java telephony .
I hv a requirement to dial a phone number from a web page.
Let me explain the requirement :
1. User profile page loads all the phone numbers registered with the user.
2. then Admin , who has got an earphone connected with his pc, clicks on one of the numbers on webpage
4. This request goes to the J2EE Server.
5. Now i need to write the code , so that server can place a call to the clicked number and a communication with the Admin ( on earphone) is established.
5. I search on Google and found Java comm API & JTAPI as the possible solution.
6. Java Comm API is related with connected to voice modem and Hayes AT command, which I guess has its own limitation ,because then only one call can be
placed at a time.
7. Using a JTAPI looks more robust but it will required JTAPI implementation from Service Provider.
Can someone help me with pointers in achieving this desired functionality.