I have an RPGLE program connecting to an Oracle database and processing records on an iseries.
There's a service program and binding directory that handles the Java stuff and it works great.
I need to update the Oracle view (Column UPLD to a ‘Y’ so the records fall out)
I need to update each Oracle record but only at the end of the read loop.
I have tried to update two ways: with and without “ around Licplt which is a field being used in the program.
I did it this way to control each row. There should only be one license plate (from_lic) and I made it match my work field.
Below is the Java error and my code.
Display Spooled File
File . . . . . : QPJOBLOG Page/Line 3/21
Control . . . . . W+10 Columns 41 - 118
Find . . . . . .
tement . . . . . . . . . : 20
module . . . . . . . . . : JDBCR4
procedure . . . . . . . : JDBC_EXECUPD
tement . . . . . . . . . : 3084
sage . . . . : Java exception received when calling Java method.
se . . . . . : RPG procedure JDBC_EXECU in program PMETSOPULO/JDBCR4
eceived Java exception "java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00904: "licplt": invalid
dentifier " when calling method "executeUpdate" with signature
(Ljava.lang.String;)I" in class "java.sql.Statement". Recovery . . . :
ontact the person responsible for program maintenance to determine the
ause of the problem. Technical description . . . . . . . . : If the
xception indicates that the Java class was not found, ensure the class for
he method is in the class path. If the exception indicates that the Java
ethod was not found, check the method name and signature. If the signature
s not correct, change the RPG prototype for the method, or change the Java
ethod, so that the return type and parameter types match. You can determine
F3=Exit F12=Cancel F19=Left F20=Right F24=More keys