Win a copy of Design for the Mind this week in the Design forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Cleared OCJP-1.6 with 100%

 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Likes 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Friends,

Today,I cleared OCJP-1.6 with 100%.
Thanks to Keithey Siera and Bert Bates.....
 
John Jai
Rancher
Posts: 1776
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats and welcome to the ranch
 
Anayonkar Shivalkar
Bartender
Posts: 1557
5
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Manish Manoj,

Congratulations! And welcome to CodeRanch!

Great score!
 
dilip IneverGiveUp
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
MS IE Objective C Opera
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats Man!!!
 
saloni jhanwar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 583
Firefox Browser Notepad Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
dilip IneverGiveUp wrote:Congrats Man!!!


Use proper name or your account may be locked.
 
saloni jhanwar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 583
Firefox Browser Notepad Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Manish Manoj wrote:Hi Friends,

Today,I cleared OCJP-1.6 with 100%.
Thanks to Keithey Siera and Bert Bates.....


Congoo..
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
saloni jhanwar wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:Hi Friends,

Today,I cleared OCJP-1.6 with 100%.
Thanks to Keithey Siera and Bert Bates.....


Congoo..




Thanks to all....
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Hi Anayonkar..


Can you please help me regarding SCWCD like which book to prefer
and from where i will get the questions to practise......I am
planning to give this in this month only....so please help!!!
 
Anayonkar Shivalkar
Bartender
Posts: 1557
5
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Manish Manoj,

There is a dedicated forum for SCWCD where you would get better help. However, I would suggest to go through Head First Servlets & JSP book. Please note that as of now, there is not Head First book for JEE6 (i.e. latest) version of this exam. So, you'll have to study JEE 6 specific part on your own.

I did my SCWCD with JEE 5 (JEE 6 option was not there at that time), so cannot help you much here. But you'll get answers at SCWCD forum.

Manish Manoj wrote:I am planning to give this in this month only

I would suggest not to rush for certification unless you are comfortable with technology itself. If you are aware of Servlet/JSP, then yes, you can go for it. But if you are learning from the start, then 1 month is quite less time in my opinion.

I hope this helps.

All the best.
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator



Thanks Alayonkar!!!
 
Anayonkar Shivalkar
Bartender
Posts: 1557
5
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You are Welcome
 
Palak Mathur
Ranch Hand
Posts: 342
IntelliJ IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Manish Manoj wrote:Hi Friends,

Today,I cleared OCJP-1.6 with 100%.
Thanks to Keithey Siera and Bert Bates.....


Congratulations!! For how long did you prepare?
 
Palak Mathur
Ranch Hand
Posts: 342
IntelliJ IDE Java Spring
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Hi Palak,

I have taken one month for the prparation.
I am a java developer in my project so already meny concepts were clear.....
So i think if you are giving 1 hr daily apart from your job then that is more than sufficient....
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Palak Mathur wrote:And post your result over here: http://www.coderanch.com/how-to/java/ScjpWallOfFame



Sure palak...
I will do it tomarrow because right now i am in office and i don"t have
scanned copy of score card...

 
Palak Mathur
Ranch Hand
Posts: 342
IntelliJ IDE Java Spring
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Manish Manoj wrote:
Hi Palak,

I have taken one month for the prparation.
I am a java developer in my project so already meny concepts were clear.....
So i think if you are giving 1 hr daily apart from your job then that is more than sufficient....


Oh that is great!! I am also planning to take the exam soon. I have over 6 years of experience in Java + SOA but could not take the certification. All my juniors are now SCJP certified except me.
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:


Oh that is great!! I am also planning to take the exam soon. I have over 6 years of experience in Java + SOA but could not take the certification. All my juniors are now SCJP certified except me.


That"s great!!!6 years of experience really matters....
In which company you are working right now???
 
Palak Mathur
Ranch Hand
Posts: 342
IntelliJ IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Manish Manoj wrote:
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:


Oh that is great!! I am also planning to take the exam soon. I have over 6 years of experience in Java + SOA but could not take the certification. All my juniors are now SCJP certified except me.


That"s great!!!6 years of experience really matters....
In which company you are working right now???


I am with IBM India right now.
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

I am with IBM India right now.




Thats Great!!!
Have fun and all the best for your certification....
Feel free to ask anything...but i think i shouldn't say this as you are senior to me...
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Hi Palak,

I have taken one month for the prparation.
I am a java developer in my project so already meny concepts were clear.....
So i think if you are giving 1 hr daily apart from your job then that is more than sufficient....


Oh that is great!! I am also planning to take the exam soon. I have over 6 years of experience in Java + SOA but could not take the certification. All my juniors are now SCJP certified except me.



If you want i can provide you some questions from which you can practise!!!
 
Palak Mathur
Ranch Hand
Posts: 342
IntelliJ IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Manish Manoj wrote:
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Hi Palak,

I have taken one month for the prparation.
I am a java developer in my project so already meny concepts were clear.....
So i think if you are giving 1 hr daily apart from your job then that is more than sufficient....


Oh that is great!! I am also planning to take the exam soon. I have over 6 years of experience in Java + SOA but could not take the certification. All my juniors are now SCJP certified except me.



If you want i can provide you some questions from which you can practise!!!


That would be great.
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Hi Palak,

I have taken one month for the prparation.
I am a java developer in my project so already meny concepts were clear.....
So i think if you are giving 1 hr daily apart from your job then that is more than sufficient....


Oh that is great!! I am also planning to take the exam soon. I have over 6 years of experience in Java + SOA but could not take the certification. All my juniors are now SCJP certified except me.



If you want i can provide you some questions from which you can practise!!!


That would be great.



ok then...send me your mail-id.....i will send it to you....
 
Palak Mathur
Ranch Hand
Posts: 342
IntelliJ IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Manish Manoj wrote:
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Hi Palak,

I have taken one month for the prparation.
I am a java developer in my project so already meny concepts were clear.....
So i think if you are giving 1 hr daily apart from your job then that is more than sufficient....


Oh that is great!! I am also planning to take the exam soon. I have over 6 years of experience in Java + SOA but could not take the certification. All my juniors are now SCJP certified except me.



If you want i can provide you some questions from which you can practise!!!


That would be great.



ok then...send me your mail-id.....i will send it to you....


Check your PM.
 
Manish Manoj
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Hi Palak,

I have taken one month for the prparation.
I am a java developer in my project so already meny concepts were clear.....
So i think if you are giving 1 hr daily apart from your job then that is more than sufficient....


Oh that is great!! I am also planning to take the exam soon. I have over 6 years of experience in Java + SOA but could not take the certification. All my juniors are now SCJP certified except me.



If you want i can provide you some questions from which you can practise!!!


That would be great.



ok then...send me your mail-id.....i will send it to you....


Check your PM.



Check your mail!!!
 
Kancharla Madhu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 109
Eclipse IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats!!
 
Dhaval Vithalani
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
Eclipse IDE Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Manish Manoj wrote:Hi Friends,

Today,I cleared OCJP-1.6 with 100%.
Thanks to Keithey Siera and Bert Bates.....



Congratulation..
 
abrar alvi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 66
Eclipse IDE Java Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Manish Manoj

I am planning to appear for ocjp exam.. please guide me how do i proceed and waht are the books and notes to study...
i have read the head first java book as of now...
 
Gaurangkumar Khalasi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 187
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats.
 
raju salla
Greenhorn
Posts: 18
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

First of all Congrats to Manish Manoj. Actually I want to write the OCPJP 6.0 exam this month end. I have prepared K&B book completely and now I am practising "javachamp" mock tests . Is that enough for me to attend the exam and also please tell me that "javachamp" mock tests are reliable, as of now I am getting 80-90 % scores in those Exams. Any suggestions or replies will seriously appreciated. Please help me.

Thank you in advance.
Raju Salla
 
Nil gawade
Greenhorn
Posts: 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

Congartulation !!

I am new to the forum , I want to appear for OCJP 1.6 (Examcode 1Z0-851),I would like to know which book should i refer?

I googled and found book Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Exam 310-065 which is mostly recommended but i was just confuse as it is saying exam 310-065.

Please help me to collect good study material.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nil
 
chain singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 117
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello

congrats , for your success.


Please can you provide me some Question for preparation


Chain Singh
 
Harish Ravi
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations man...!
Really a great score to get..
 
Ekhlas Jewel
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Manish Manoj, Congratulation on your result. You have done something extra ordinary. 100% achievement is not an easy task. I will normally give high five who has got more than 80% but you beat the record. Great effort.
 
arulk pillai
Author
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3387
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats and keep up the goo work
 
Rajat Bhateja
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
Chrome Fedora Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
congrats!!!
 
Ashish Agre
Ranch Hand
Posts: 73
Java Linux Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Palak Mathur wrote:
Manish Manoj wrote:
Hi Palak,

I have taken one month for the prparation.
I am a java developer in my project so already meny concepts were clear.....
So i think if you are giving 1 hr daily apart from your job then that is more than sufficient....


Oh that is great!! I am also planning to take the exam soon. I have over 6 years of experience in Java + SOA but could not take the certification. All my juniors are now SCJP certified except me.



if you get ocjp 7 then again you will be their senior in certification i guess they have taken for ocjp6
 
Ashish Agre
Ranch Hand
Posts: 73
Java Linux Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nil gawade wrote:Hello,

Congartulation !!

I am new to the forum , I want to appear for OCJP 1.6 (Examcode 1Z0-851),I would like to know which book should i refer?

I googled and found book Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Exam 310-065 which is mostly recommended but i was just confuse as it is saying exam 310-065.

Please help me to collect good study material.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nil


Concepts are same friend.
 
dinesh dakshinamoorthy
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys

going to appear for ocjp exam on jan 7 please help with your informations and views ... thank you
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic