Hi friends.Should I go to argentina on an onsite assignment? I am from india and I am a Java resource with 2years and 4 months exp.There I have to work on application deployment(java and mainframe) on client side. It would be a long term assignment for around 15 months. Is application deployment a good career option? How much can i save in Argentina and what is the cost of living over there for foreigners? Will it be good for me to take up this opportunity. Is it a safe place for indians? Sry if there are to many questions
None of these questions can be answered in general. And even if we knew the specifics of your situation, the answers would still be highly subjective. I think a public forum like this one is not a good place for such discussions, nor is taking advice from strangers -about whose agenda you know nothing- a good approach to dealing with decisions as important for you as this one. I suggest you discuss this with members of your social and professional circles whose judgement you trust.
The best way is to do some basic research on Google. Try to get answers to the following questions.
1. How much you are paid and how much are expenses?
2. Does company provides accommodation or you need to rent apartment? If rental how much is rental?
3. Is the place of work or place of stay too remote?
4. Safety concerns and racism towards asians.
5. Language, do people speak english?
6. Insurance which covers health and life?
7. If married, will you be able to live with family?
9. Transport, does company pay you any additional money to have a car?
Sai Surya, SCJP 5.0, SCWCD 5.0, IBM 833 834
http://sai-surya-talk.blogspot.com, I believe in Murphy's law.
This is a personal call really. Do you think you will benefit from moving to Argentina and working there for some time ? What do you want to achieve by moving there ? Only you can answer these questions
Its good when the offer is also good, why don't you give it a try an after your experience there, decide if your really like it. Grab the opportunity if it has a good effect in your career and also in your family.
Find the latest job vacancies from the top employers here at QuickList.
We are the prime job site for Filipinos.