The long awaited version of Aspose.Slides for JasperReports 1.5.0 has been released. This release introduces several new options for better layout view. Now users can enable or disable options like export rectangles as frames, move elements to frames and use exact row heights etc. We’ve also improved Font changed and background lost upon exporting to DOCX and wrong page break in Generated Docx. Starting from this release there will be 2 versions of jar libraries available, for JasperReports 3.7.4 and higher aspose.words.jasperreports.jar and for JasperReports 3.7.1 and lower aspose.words.jasperreports-3.7.1.jar. The list of new & improved features in this release are listed below
- Export rectangles as frames (default=true)
- Move elements to frames (default=true)
- Use exact row heights (default=true)
- Font is changed and background is lost upon exporting to DOCX is fixed
- Overlapping Jasper Frames in Word Exporter is fixed
- Wrong page break in Generated Docx is fixed
- When placing text within a frame with JasperReports the right indent is set to a wrong value.
- Problem with Jrxml to Docx conversion
- The characters cut off in output docx is fixed.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for JasperReports documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Words for JasperReports makes it possible exporting reports from JasperReports and JasperServer to Microsoft Word document (DOC), Office Open XML (OOXML, DOCX), Web page (HTML) and plain text (TXT) formats. It is written purely in Java and is provided as a single JAR file that can easily be deployed on the machines running JasperReports or JasperServer. Aspose.Words for JasperReports exports flow layout documents that are easy to further edit in Microsoft Word, if necessary.