This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.2.1 has been released. This month’s release provides support for applying custom formatting and styles to pivot tables. We have provided a new RegEx feature for when you’re searching for a string of a given pattern in the cells (of a worksheet). We have also made enhancements to chart rendering in ODS format. This release also sees enhancements that make the Aspose.Cells’ generated file compatible with POI. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Format Pivot Table with custom styles for different categories (Modify Pivot Table’s Quick Style)
- Cells.findString()/find() supports to search RegEx and in specific range
- Save MS Excel charts in ODS file
- Make Aspose.Cells created XLS file compatible with POI
- Saved XLSX file gives error: "Data may has been lost"
- Formatted number was incorrect in the generated PDF (Thousand group characters were lost)
- Bar chart was not appearing in the generated PDF for JDK6 version
- References are not updated when expanding a range
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release..
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.