This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Sorry but US citizens and Green Card holders only, please.
If you are interested in this job, please submit your MS-Word resume to lana/at/capitalmarketsp/dot/com
Your resume will not be shared with anyone without your consent
We are looking for highly ambitious and motivated individuals with powerful minds who can come up with innovative solutions for our clients.
This role will be responsible for the shaping and leadership of the development team that will be responsible for both the server and client side components facilitating the capabilities of the Global Transaction Banking (GTB) Cash and Trade Finance businesses. Being a hands-on role, you should lead by example, be an effective mentor and be the highest contributor to the team’s success. As a technical expert with a core focus in Java and web technologies, you will have demonstrable experience in achieving optimal scalability and performance through a deep understanding of the run-time, memory management and garbage collection; this will be applied to build solid, high-performing services that will form the backbone of the bank’s Global Transaction Business.
In alignment with the Bank’s Alpha initiative, all teams within the development centre deliver to an Agile (XP/Scrum) model. As Lead Application Developer you will work closely with the Scrum Master and functional specialists to provide a quality estimate within the sprint game-planning and will drive the development to deliver on-time. Delivery of quality software is an explicit requirement, so a deep-rooted knowledge and application of unit-testing and behavior driven development is expected to be applied to all output.
– As part of a high-performing GTB development team, design and deliver highly functional, robust and scalable services to the GTB Cash and Trade Finance products
– Contribute and drive technical vision, design, and implementation of software solutions
– Be hands-on: as an integral member of the development team you will be expected to code and still drive the team to succeed
– Work directly with the functional analysts and business representatives to clearly understand and interpret requirements, yet self-driven and innovative in order to identify directions that our business have not previously considered
– Lead within a product’s life cycle using evangelism, empathy, and negotiation to define and deliver results
– Build and maintain strong relationship with clients (in the business) to ensure alignment with client needs, requirements and project management support, as needed
– Ensure alignment to Enterprise Architecture
– Facilitate communication along the development lifecycle
– Translate domain requirements to technical delivery
– Ensure key vertical applications adhere are to AF lifecycle governance and standards
– Perform upfront assessment on any new features and agree that the objectives of these features with all involved Stakeholders are in alignment with business solution domain managers
– Establish / operate within the governance (decision making) structure for the program/project and manage/escalate issues and risks
– 5-10 years of commercial/academic development experience
– 3-5 years of experience in delivering enterprise class software applications
– Hardcore Java experience – both Server and Client-side
– Web Service (REST) experience
– Deep understanding of unit testing (JUnit/Selenium)
– Behavior driven development a plus
– Experience using leadership capabilities to support and build client and team relationships
– Good communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills
– Excellent client and service orientation
– Ability to work in fast paced environment
– Passion and expertise to share knowledge and best practices
– Excellent analytical skills
– Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent diploma/work experience)