File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Web Services and the fly likes Deploying Axis2 on JBoss Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Web Services
Bookmark "Deploying Axis2 on JBoss" Watch "Deploying Axis2 on JBoss" New topic
Author

Deploying Axis2 on JBoss

Raj Shri
Greenhorn

Joined: May 02, 2010
Posts: 28
Hi Friends,


Here I want to deploying my axis2 web services in JBoss Server which is running successfully on Apache Tomcat server. So any one has to do steps how I can redeploy my web services on JBoss server.

Thanks
Ravinderjit Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 13, 2010
Posts: 70
Once you are able to deploy Axis2 on Jboss (I think Axis2 can be deployed on any Servlet Container), then you will be able to deploy your webservices, same way as were doing earlier.
Raj Shri
Greenhorn

Joined: May 02, 2010
Posts: 28
Ravinderjit Singh wrote:Once you are able to deploy Axis2 on Jboss (I think Axis2 can be deployed on any Servlet Container), then you will be able to deploy your webservices, same way as were doing earlier.



Thanks!!!

For your reply.

But here I want know how will set my class files and server-config.wsdd. Because in tomcat I just run my script and that is creating server-config.wsdd file. And also where I can set the port for my web services in JBoss.

Thanks
William P O'Sullivan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 28, 2012
Posts: 860

What version of JBoss are you using?

Be aware that JBoss contains its own WS stack, and you could run into class loading issues.

We just replaced Xfire or 4.3 EAP with Apache CXF and it was not a pretty operation.

WP
Raj Shri
Greenhorn

Joined: May 02, 2010
Posts: 28
William P O'Sullivan wrote:What version of JBoss are you using?

Be aware that JBoss contains its own WS stack, and you could run into class loading issues.

We just replaced Xfire or 4.3 EAP with Apache CXF and it was not a pretty operation.

WP



Thanks!!! WP

I am using JBoss 1.5 ga. I am totally new in JBoss. I have already my program code and wsdd. I did below thing in my JBoss server.

1 - Upload Axis2.war in /jb../server/default/deploy/
2 - run.sh

And I can see Axis2 web server on my browser. Now I want know where I need to upload my web service code.


Thannks
William P O'Sullivan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 28, 2012
Posts: 860

I presume you mean JBoss 5.1 ?

You'll need to figure out how to deploy your wsdd and classes (under web-inf).

I'm more into CXF these days

WP
Raj Shri
Greenhorn

Joined: May 02, 2010
Posts: 28
William P O'Sullivan wrote:I presume you mean JBoss 5.1 ?

You'll need to figure out how to deploy your wsdd and classes (under web-inf).

I'm more into CXF these days

WP



Thanks!!!

Any one can guide me....
Raj Shri
Greenhorn

Joined: May 02, 2010
Posts: 28
Raj Shri wrote:
William P O'Sullivan wrote:I presume you mean JBoss 5.1 ?

You'll need to figure out how to deploy your wsdd and classes (under web-inf).

I'm more into CXF these days

WP



Thanks!!!

Any one can guide me....



http://jaitechwriteups.blogspot.in/2006/12/simple-webservice-on-jboss-using-axis.html


I got above link it's guiding me what I want but not much... still I wanna know how I will deploy my wsdd and run my won webservice.
William P O'Sullivan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 28, 2012
Posts: 860

Search ...
http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-to-deploy-axis2war-to-jboss-5.html

and
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/Jbossws-userguide

JBoss 5+ does not appear to work well with Axis2.

WP
Raj Shri
Greenhorn

Joined: May 02, 2010
Posts: 28
William P O'Sullivan wrote:Search ...
http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-to-deploy-axis2war-to-jboss-5.html

and
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/Jbossws-userguide

JBoss 5+ does not appear to work well with Axis2.

WP




Any one can help me to resolve this problem.

I did some RND and create .war file and put this war file in jboss ../../deploy folder. When I m running jboss server I am getting





05:55:45,700 INFO [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/
05:55:45,738 INFO [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/jmx-console
05:55:45,773 WARN [JAXWSDeployerHookPreJSE] Cannot load servlet class: org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet
05:55:45,774 WARN [JAXWSDeployerHookPreJSE] Cannot load servlet class: org.apache.axis2.webapp.AxisAdminServlet
05:55:46,459 INFO [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/tekfts
05:55:46,503 ERROR [[/samplewebservice] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl incompatible with javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener$WebXmlProcessor.getConfiguredFactory(ConfigureListener.java:702)
at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener$WebXmlProcessor.scanForFacesServlet(ConfigureListener.java:674)
at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener$WebXmlProcessor.<init>(ConfigureListener.java:648)
at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:156)
at org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener.contextInitialized(JBossJSFConfigureListener.java:60)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3910)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4389)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:321)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:145)
at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:461)
at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)
at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:97)
Ravinderjit Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 13, 2010
Posts: 70
Is there any specific requirement to use WSDD file? Its been used in Axis.
Axis2 uses services.xml as descriptor file.
Service deployment in Axis2 is straightforward, just create the service archive (.aar) and deploy it.
Raj Shri
Greenhorn

Joined: May 02, 2010
Posts: 28
Ravinderjit Singh wrote:Is there any specific requirement to use WSDD file? Its been used in Axis.
Axis2 uses services.xml as descriptor file.
Service deployment in Axis2 is straightforward, just create the service archive (.aar) and deploy it.


Thanks!!!

I did same, created .aar files with my class file and service.xml file. I can see my webservice when I type http://...:8080/axis2. But when I run EPR.

Any thing I m doing wrong? Below is the structure

META-INF
----services.xml
----MANIFEST.MF
mywebservice
----Service
----classfiles...


And create the mywebservice.aar file with above files. And I m putting this .aar file in to axis2 /WEB-INF/service/mywebservice.aar. And jut runing the jboss server. Should I need to do anything else?



 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Deploying Axis2 on JBoss
 
Similar Threads
Axis deploed in Jboss
Webservices on using J2EE application Server
Help on Axis2 Webservice calls
Register web service with Axis2 deployed in JBoss
Axis2 1,4 Exception in jboss 4.2.2