Win a copy of Re-engineering Legacy Software this week in the Refactoring forum
or Docker in Action in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Unable to get j2sdk 1.3 for j2EE

 
Nitish Bijalwan
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Guys can you help me?
I am not able to download j2sdk 1.3 from java(oracle) website .
 
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
Pie
Posts: 42967
73
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm glad to hear they're making it hard to download. You shouldn't be using Java 1.3 or Java 1.4 or Java 5 for ANYTHING at this point.
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3330
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ulf Dittmer wrote:I'm glad to hear they're making it hard to download. You shouldn't be using Java 1.3 or Java 1.4 or Java 5 for ANYTHING at this point.


+1

8-)
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 34095
337
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nitish,
Welcome to CodeRanch!

Going back to your original question, why do you need 1.3? You can compile to 1.3 using Java 6 or 7. Which gives an option for supporting really old code. (Although if you have production running 1.3, it is time to upgrade there as well.)
 
Nitish Bijalwan
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
thanks for replying.
I am new to ejb, the book specify that i will need j2se 1.3 to run j2ee

can you tell me how do you run j2ee in your system? Mine system is window.
 
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
Pie
Posts: 42967
73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If your book is about J2EE, throw it out right now. JEE (the modern incarnation of J2EE) is substantially different, particularly in the area of EJBs. Instead, get a book that covers JEE 5 (I don't think there are many books out there that cover JEE 6 yet, and in any case that's not in widespread use yet).

You can download JSE 6 and JEE 5 from Oracle's web site.
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3330
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nitish Bijalwan wrote:thanks for replying.
I am new to ejb, the book specify that i will need j2se 1.3 to run j2ee

can you tell me how do you run j2ee in your system? Mine system is window.


Nitish, if you're reading Head First EJB, please stop. The book is outdated. It was great book in 2004, but not now.

To study EJB 3.0 (or EJB 3.1) I suggest you "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0" (or "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1") from O'Reilly.

Best regards,
MZ
 
Nitish Bijalwan
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mikalai Zaikin wrote:
Nitish Bijalwan wrote:thanks for replying.
I am new to ejb, the book specify that i will need j2se 1.3 to run j2ee

can you tell me how do you run j2ee in your system? Mine system is window.


Nitish, if you're reading Head First EJB, please stop. The book is outdated. It was great book in 2004, but not now.

To study EJB 3.0 (or EJB 3.1) I suggest you "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0" (or "Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1") from O'Reilly.

Best regards,
MZ



Thanks MZ for your comments.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic