This week's book giveaways are in the Java EE and JavaScript forums.
We're giving away four copies each of The Java EE 7 Tutorial Volume 1 or Volume 2(winners choice) and jQuery UI in Action and have the authors on-line!
See this thread and this one for details.
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes reason for offer letter delay Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of The Java EE 7 Tutorial Volume 1 or Volume 2 this week in the Java EE forum
or jQuery UI in Action in the JavaScript forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Bookmark "reason for offer letter delay" Watch "reason for offer letter delay" New topic
Author

reason for offer letter delay

sreaky srikanth
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 17, 2012
Posts: 6
Hi Im srikanth, I got selected by one top MNC on 27 may 2012, hr said that offer letter will be released in 3 days. But till date i didn't received any mail from hr.So i called my hr,she said i cleared all rounds and got selected as per their data base details and she said my offer is in processing, waiting for some approvals.Once approvals are done she said she herself will get back to me..

But dont know till what extent we can believe.. But still i kept my job hunt going...

Do any one have the idea that top MNC do they really release the offer or not?
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 18754
    
  40

sreaky srikanth wrote:Hi Im srikanth, I got selected by one top MNC on 27 may 2012, hr said that offer letter will be released in 3 days. But till date i didn't received any mail from hr.So i called my hr,she said i cleared all rounds and got selected as per their data base details and she said my offer is in processing, waiting for some approvals.Once approvals are done she said she herself will get back to me..

But dont know till what extent we can believe.. But still i kept my job hunt going...

Do any one have the idea that top MNC do they really release the offer or not?


Keep in mind that time is relative. For you, this is probably high on your priority list, hence, it seems to take forever. For HR, this is only one of many paperwork to process, ie. much lower in priority. And if there is an engineering manager that has to approve it; a manager who has to release product, or service clients, it is even lower in priority. To HR, they are probably "working as fast as they can".

Henry


Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
sreaky srikanth
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 17, 2012
Posts: 6
Henry Wong wrote:
sreaky srikanth wrote:Hi Im srikanth, I got selected by one top MNC on 27 may 2012, hr said that offer letter will be released in 3 days. But till date i didn't received any mail from hr.So i called my hr,she said i cleared all rounds and got selected as per their data base details and she said my offer is in processing, waiting for some approvals.Once approvals are done she said she herself will get back to me..

But dont know till what extent we can believe.. But still i kept my job hunt going...

Do any one have the idea that top MNC do they really release the offer or not?


Keep in mind that time is relative. For you, this is probably high on your priority list, hence, it seems to take forever. For HR, this is only one of many paperwork to process, ie. much lower in priority. And if there is an engineering manager that has to approve it; a manager who has to release product, or service clients, it is even lower in priority. To HR, they are probably "working as fast as they can".

Henry



Hi Henry, Thanks for your response. What you said might be right. But as per the situation as you analyzed what can you suggest me? , I'm in touch with the hr once in a while. she said she will get back to me. But these days we are not in a position to believe the hr words until and unless we get the offer in written communication. so on the top of this can you suggest what sought of step i need to take??
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6661
    
    5

so on the top of this can you suggest what sought of step i need to take??


There is nothing you can do but wait. Its hard to digest that, but that is the way it is.


SCJP 6 articles - SCJP 5/6 mock exams - More SCJP Mocks
sreaky srikanth
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 17, 2012
Posts: 6
Deepak Bala wrote:
so on the top of this can you suggest what sought of step i need to take??


There is nothing you can do but wait. Its hard to digest that, but that is the way it is.





Yes Deepak, I understand. Will keep my job hunt going at the same time. Thanks for your suggestion
Luke Kolin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 04, 2002
Posts: 336
sreaky srikanth wrote:Yes Deepak, I understand. Will keep my job hunt going at the same time.


This is the correct answer. In the absence of a written offer, you have no job and should keep looking.

Cheers!

Luke
sreaky srikanth
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 17, 2012
Posts: 6
sreaky srikanth wrote:
Deepak Bala wrote:
so on the top of this can you suggest what sought of step i need to take??


There is nothing you can do but wait. Its hard to digest that, but that is the way it is.




Hi, Today i spoke with my HR, she said nothing is in her hands. Its all about the project requirement from their manager side she is waiting for. She said she will update once she gets intimation from their manager regarding the availability of the project. But she is not in position to tell how much time it gonna take to release the offer letter
sreaky srikanth
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 17, 2012
Posts: 6
sreaky srikanth wrote:
Henry Wong wrote:
sreaky srikanth wrote:Hi Im srikanth, I got selected by one top MNC on 27 may 2012, hr said that offer letter will be released in 3 days. But till date i didn't received any mail from hr.So i called my hr,she said i cleared all rounds and got selected as per their data base details and she said my offer is in processing, waiting for some approvals.Once approvals are done she said she herself will get back to me..

But dont know till what extent we can believe.. But still i kept my job hunt going...

Do any one have the idea that top MNC do they really release the offer or not?


Keep in mind that time is relative. For you, this is probably high on your priority list, hence, it seems to take forever. For HR, this is only one of many paperwork to process, ie. much lower in priority. And if there is an engineering manager that has to approve it; a manager who has to release product, or service clients, it is even lower in priority. To HR, they are probably "working as fast as they can".

Henry



Hi, Today i spoke with my HR, she said nothing is in her hands. Its all about the project requirement from their manager side she is waiting for. She said she will update once she gets intimation from their manager regarding the availability of the project. But she is not in position to tell how much time it gonna take to release the offer letter




Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 18754
    
  40

sreaky srikanth wrote:
Hi, Today i spoke with my HR, she said nothing is in her hands. Its all about the project requirement from their manager side she is waiting for. She said she will update once she gets intimation from their manager regarding the availability of the project. But she is not in position to tell how much time it gonna take to release the offer letter


Well, at least you know the reason -- they are not hiring you because there isn't any work to do. You are kinda "on standby" til they need the extra help. And as others has already mentioned, it would be a good idea to keep the job search going.

Henry
Aniruddh Joshi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Posts: 275

For large firms, prospective joiners like you create groups on the web to communicate.
Maybe you can look up for such a group and check with others selected for this firm.
It helped me years back when I was waiting for an offer letter after Campus Recruitment.


Anrd
"One of the best things you could do is to simplify a larger application into a smaller one by reducing its process and complexity - Fowler"
 
 
subject: reason for offer letter delay