wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes IDEs, Version Control and other tools and the fly likes could not refresh Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide this week in the OCMJEA forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Engineering » IDEs, Version Control and other tools
Bookmark "could not refresh" Watch "could not refresh" New topic
Author

could not refresh

Jenny Lan
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 25, 2012
Posts: 11
Hi,

I have tomcat 7 for servlet projects and I use eclipse.
I have to close eclipse, then re-launch eclipse in order to refresh what I have changed.
I have tried clean for cleaning my project or refresh my project and have set my reload to true on server.xml, but it doesn't work.

Thanks.
William P O'Sullivan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 28, 2012
Posts: 859

Do you have the publishing target folders set correctly?

Is your project set to auto-build or manual?

WP
Jenny Lan
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 25, 2012
Posts: 11
William P O'Sullivan wrote:Do you have the publishing target folders set correctly?

Is your project set to auto-build or manual?

WP


It is an auto-build and I know the target folder is correct. I have to shutdown the eclipse and re-load it in order to refresh the changing.
William P O'Sullivan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 28, 2012
Posts: 859

It is auto-publishing?

Usually shutting down and restarting tells me that Eclipse is rebuilding your workspace
on startup. Something is wrong with your setup.

If you turn off auto-build and manually build and publish (through servers tab), does it work?

WP
Jenny Lan
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 25, 2012
Posts: 11
William P O'Sullivan wrote:It is auto-publishing?

Usually shutting down and restarting tells me that Eclipse is rebuilding your workspace
on startup. Something is wrong with your setup.

If you turn off auto-build and manually build and publish (through servers tab), does it work?

WP


It does not work, even I turn off the auto build
William P O'Sullivan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 28, 2012
Posts: 859

Is the application added to your server in the servers tab? (right click, add and remove)?

I am positive something is not set up properly in your environment.

Is it maven based?

I can ask 20 questions all day, but don't have time to, so the more information you give the better.
Include screen shots if you can.

WP
Jenny Lan
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 25, 2012
Posts: 11
William P O'Sullivan wrote:Is the application added to your server in the servers tab? (right click, add and remove)?

I am positive something is not set up properly in your environment.

Is it maven based?

I can ask 20 questions all day, but don't have time to, so the more information you give the better.
Include screen shots if you can.

WP


It is eclipse-jee-juno-win32 on Windows XP. I use Dynamic web project to create the Servlet project. It runs correctly, but I have to shutdown then
reload the eclipse IDE each time I make a change on my project.
William P O'Sullivan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 28, 2012
Posts: 859

For the last time,

Are you using Tomcat within Eclipse (In the Servers tab), or externally (not controlled by Eclipse).

Are you publishing the full war or relying on hot deploy of classes, jsps etc.?

HINT:
Go into your webapp folder where you think the app is deployed and make a simple change to a jsp file.
Add a label or something. Refresh the browser (a few times) and see if the change takes effect.
If not, then your Tomcat setting is incorrect, and it will not refresh or reload changes.

I am trying.

WP
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: could not refresh