Win a copy of Mesos in Action this week in the Cloud/Virtualizaton forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

XML namespace problem in JSF 2.0

 
Jhon Ortiz
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all!

I'm following CoreServlets.com JSF 2.0 (http://goo.gl/D3qwj), now I'm located at ui:repeat and Handling Variable-Length Data (http://goo.gl/SdKrk). in the example: http://www.apps.jsf2.com/looping/composite-component.jsf I have a problem with a XML namespace: xmlns:utils="http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/util" in Eclipse. This is warning message in the editor:

NLS missing message: CANNOT_FIND_FACELET_TAGLIB in: org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.validation.internal.facelet.messages

I have checked JSTL JSF implementations, and they are included in the project: http://goo.gl/WGT8F

I have tried: replace libraries, copy and paste the entire example, reload the project, restart Eclipse, etc., but the problem persists.

Can you give me some orientation about this issue?

Note: I'm using JBoss Tools 3.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
John Ortiz
 
Jhon Ortiz
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Someone can help me with this issue? Thanks in advance.
 
Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Pie
Posts: 18160
53
Android Eclipse IDE Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I found a whole forum thread consisting of people asking each other what http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/util is and where to find it.

After a lot of digging around, I've come to the conclusion that it isn't actually a standard Java tag library, it is the user-defined tag library that was given a Sun URI. Which in my opinion was a very bad idea, since, as you can see, it confuses people.

Assuming that this is the case, the "tag library" in question is your composite control definition and therefore one of the following is probably causing the error:

1. You forgot to include this file in your project.
2. You put it in the wrong place in your project.
3. You mis-spelled the name of the component file.
4. You spelled the name correctly, but didn't get all of the uppercase/lowercase letters correct. This is most commonly a Windows problem, since the Windows filesystem is case-agnostic, but Java is not.
 
Jhon Ortiz
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks a lot for your help Tim Halloway,

By default the configuration project searchs for that files or composite components, in WebContent/resources. I have moved that files from a sub-folder (resources) to the root folder, now everything is working.

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,
John Ortiz
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic