What do you guys think could be the problem here? I searched "80000003 (hardcoded breakpoint)" on google and all I get is solution for other windows processes that had experienced the same thing...but I found none on java.
I am running Websphere 5 on Win2k3 Enterprise Edition SP2 with 4GB RAM
Websphere restarts usually at 85% CPU usage and higher. The usage reaches a high value at certain times because of the antivirus update running in the server machine at definite time intervals. Although I think this is not the cause. Before the restart, CPU usage reaching 80% and higher happens a lot of times and there were no restarts happening. Also.....during a high CPU usage point, the thread dump showed 96% of the initial heap being used. Weird thing is changing the initial heap size doesnt seem to have any effect on this. I changed initial heap from 512MB to 1G and still the same thing happens.
On AIX I've seen the process stop due to oom of native memory segments on a 32 bit system where we had set the max heap size to 2gb. This gave us only 2 segments (512MB) available for java -> native code generated by the VM .
I think in the native_stderr.log I was seeing c based malloc,calloc calls fail(return -1) , the vm shut down. I had verbose GC enabled at the time .
This pointed us to the heap being sized too large for the amount of native code that was being generated.
Not saying thats your issue but i suppose another thing to look for.