Java Software Developer San Ramon, CA Posted July 23
Joined: Jul 23, 2012
Yoh has a contract to hire opportunity for a Java Software Developer to join our client in San Ramon, CA.
- Work with an agile team of five to nine members through the Agile development cycle.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and document software designs and strategies.
- Write high quality code using Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices.
- Provide expertise in software development technologies.
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, and leveraging product and technology reuse.
- Support process improvements to drive higher quality and productivity.
- Deliver world-class usability and user interfaces in the products or deliver world-class server side components and services.
- Communicate effectively within your immediate team, with the broader software team, and cross-functionally.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products.
- Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results.
- Minimum three years of experience in software design and development.
- Strong knowledge of OOD, software design patterns and, principles.
- Should be a Java 5/6 expert.
- Strong knowledge of J2EE.
- Strong JPA, JTA, JMS and Spring knowledge framework.
- Knowledge of SOA based development and Cloud computing.
- Strong Web Service, XML technologies (SOAP, JAXB, WSDL, XML).
- Strong knowledge of JUnit and Test Driven Development practices.
- Experience with Oracle SQL is desired.
- Strong problem solving abilities are desired.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP).
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Encourages input from all members of the team.
- High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with more senior co-workers and leadership with confidence and clarity.
- Able to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people.
- Builds loyalty and commitment.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.