I am running Tomcat v7.0.29 on a Windows Server 2003 R2
Tomcat has been working just fine (for months). After a reboot I could not connect to my web pages.
I can start Tomcat on port 8080 (but not from port 80 - but that is a different issue) and connect to the tomcat startup page locally (from the server)
When I try to connect from any external browser I get the message:
"The server at myserver.edu is taking too long to respond."
I am at a loss for what could be causing this.
I tried netstat -na, but that just showed me I have the appropriate ports listening and a few established. (I can post the results of my netstat - but I think that is not the direction to go at this time)
Having exhausted my google search abilities for this issue I now turn to the experts here to assist in solving this issue.
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
The issue is resolved.
After asking our networking staff if they are blocking port access to the server (which they stated they were not) I then decided to post my question to this forum.
10 minutes after networking did not change anything I can now mysteriously access my tomcat server.
For those having this issue the problem is likely blocked ports via firewall or routers - Check with Networking and give them time to fix what they claim to not have touched in the first place.
If it were easy someone else would have done it :-)