I hope you may help me with this problem.
I'm working on a new Galaxy S3 and found a problem that didn't occur on other phones.
My problem is strange. When drawing my OpenGL models on top of my camera image like that:
So the GLRenderer should be transparent. It actually is. It works fine for all the objects that are opaque as well as the background (where I see the image of the camera)
My problem is, when I make the pixels semi-transparent in the fragment Shader I get a weird result. The brightest pixels seem overexpose when "blending together". And it looks like they got clamped after so the value that brighter than white - loosing probably the first bit - got dark again.
So only the brightest pixels are affected.
I use a simple call like:
So the actual GL-Fragment is clamped and I'm pretty sure it comes from the camera preview itself.
Here is an image that describes my problem:
I hope someone here has seen that problem before. Is there any way of "clamping" both values together since in the Shader I can only clamp the actual rendered fragment somehow. :-(
By the way: it works perfectly fine on my old Galaxy S1 and on the S2 as well.
Thank you for your help,
Joined: Aug 06, 2012
Okay, looks like nobody knows that problem. Maybe there is someone with a Galaxy S3 who might want to help me.
I made a very small test program to show this.
You may download the code here:
I would be very, very glad for any information about this. Even if you tell me it works perfectly fine on your S3. After all than I would know I have a problem with my phone!
Thank you very much for your help!
Joined: Aug 06, 2012
Alright, I got an answer for that.
The problem was the premultiplication for the alpha values.
So in the easiest way it is enough to write:
vec3 color = clamp(textureColor.rgb * lightWeighting.xyz, 0.0, 1.0);
color *= 0.5; // premultiply by alpha
gl_FragColor = vec4(color, 0.5);
Even though I don't see why it worked perfectly fine on older systems and it I'm still not sure how to manage this on Gl1.0 where I can't write my own shader code.
So hope this helps to anyone who has the same problem!
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: OpenGL and Camera Preview - blending together gets “over saturated” color - Android