I cleared the IZ0-895 exam couple of weeks back with 90%. Thanks a lot to the forum.
Below was my preparaition process. It took me around 3 months. Would have studied 2-3 hours per day on a average
1) Have 5 years of Java experience
2) Have prior knowledge on EJB 2.1
3) Downloaded Netbeans and Glassfish. Created a sample project to work with
4) Studied Enterprise.JavaBeans.3.1.6th.Edition (except the JPA part).
5) Coded and tested all the important topics. This took me around 2 months
6) Studied the book in step 4 again
7) Studied the Ivan Krizan study notes which was brilliantly written. This was the most useful resource. Thanks a lot Ivan.
8) Went back to the book in case of questions
9) Referred the EJB spec sparingly. One or two times. Did not go through the spec fully. 10) Bought the Enthuware exam kit. This was really useful.. this really helped me a lot and got the sense of type of qns. dont miss this. MUST buy this.
11) Studied Ivan notes again
12) Took the exam and cleared.