This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
If you are interested in joining a group of programmers, which is dedicated to create software together, We would like to have you in our facebook group. The group name is "League of Programmers" and the complete group description is below.
What is "League of Programmers" ?
This is a group of programmers, actually, REAL PROGRAMMERS that who code for real. This group contains programmers from different countries and cultures with different experience and knowledge.
What we do?
1. We create programs together, free and non free software (for business organizations), under one name "League of Programmers".
2. We help each other to learn good programming practices and tactics.
3. We help you to take your name to the world as a programmer, and show to the whole world what you can do.
What are the requirements to join this group?
1. You MUST know how to program for real. If you know only theories and very little programming, this group is not for you.
2. We are very much glad to have full time students who do/done degrees or diplomas related to computer science. (Group owned and run by students too)
3. Age limit is not a problem. But, we will maintain the majority below 25 years (read "why this group is created" for the reason). People above that age must be professionals and have industry experience and willing to help other students to code according to "Industry standards". They can act as Advisors, Software Architectures, and much more.
4. It is a great pleasure if you have sound knowledge of UML (class diagrams, sequence diagrams)
5. You must know how to behave inside a team.
6. You must understand there are people from different countries, cultures and believing, and you must respect to them.
7. All the Java and C++ members must know how to program from the scratch, including the GUI - without drag and drop technique using the IDE (not mandatory for .NET)
8. If you have no degree/no diploma, but can code like nothing, you are welcome too.
9. You must respect each others ideas, specially in programming when you are working as a team member in an ongoing program.
10. You must have sufficient time to spend on creating a program.
11. Any of the above rule will not be applied if you are INVITED by the admins.
12. You must understand and agree that the rules and regulations are created by admins and they can change them at any time too.
13. Finally (and again) even you have all the above requirements but very little programming, this group is not for you.
Why this group is created?
Mainly, this group is created for full time computer students to gain experience, which they can show when they are applying for an jobs as a "Software Engineer", "Software Developer" etc.
Apart from that, this is group is created to make a good community of REAL PROGRAMMERS among thousands of programmers who only know the theories.
If any of our admins accept your application, please post on the group wall including the details "why I am suitable for this group". Tell us bit of your personal information too,because this is a friendly community.
Please click on the below link to join the group. And please read the description and "what we do" section and rules and regulations carefully to avoid any misunderstanding.