Register / Login
Win a copy of
Mesos in Action
this week in the
Portals and Portlets
Ajax POST to upload a file to resource portlet and download a file back
posted 3 years ago
i have the following functional requirement:
- a form have a file input
- once user clicks submit, the page should stay at there
- server side converts the input file and then return back a file to user to download
i have done:
- using ajax to post the file to a resource mvc portlet (serveResource)
- using portlet output stream to write back the file being download...
my problem is:
- the ajax call could not go to complete state (cannot alert something after the ajax call)
- the file cannot be downloaded even though i write something to output
my another use case works fine if using GET in ajax call...
any hints ?? seems ajax cannot post to an url and then get something back, is it true ?
Websphere Portal - Test 399
Test 399: IBM WebSphere Portal V5.1, Application Development
will ajax work on IBM portal/portlets 5.0
AJAX, JSF and security
How to display the results of one portlet in another portlet(JSR 168 )?