A friendly place for programming greenhorns!
Big Moose Saloon
Register / Login
Portals and Portlets
Ajax POST to upload a file to resource portlet and download a file back
Joined: Oct 13, 2007
Aug 23, 2012 00:18:02
i have the following functional requirement:
- a form have a file input
- once user clicks submit, the page should stay at there
- server side converts the input file and then return back a file to user to download
i have done:
- using ajax to post the file to a resource mvc portlet (serveResource)
- using portlet output stream to write back the file being download...
my problem is:
- the ajax call could not go to complete state (cannot alert something after the ajax call)
- the file cannot be downloaded even though i write something to output
my another use case works fine if using GET in ajax call...
any hints ?? seems ajax cannot post to an url and then get something back, is it true ?
With a little knowledge, a
cast iron skillet
is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
subject: Ajax POST to upload a file to resource portlet and download a file back
Websphere Portal - Test 399
Test 399: IBM WebSphere Portal V5.1, Application Development
will ajax work on IBM portal/portlets 5.0
AJAX, JSF and security
How to display the results of one portlet in another portlet(JSR 168 )?
All times are in JavaRanch time: GMT-6 in summer, GMT-7 in winter
| Powered by
Copyright © 1998-2014