This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Hello Everyone, I got a Error in Starting tomcat server in my Eclipse Java EE IDE, Junu release. It had worked fine and smoothly for a week and some. In the morning also i was using it and after i stop it and extending my code for developing admin section. I only added one admin.java servlet and admin.jsp in their respective folder and then i click same process to run it on Tomcat. But this time i got the following Error.
I tried deleting the old server and again creating new server but no luck. I also deleted the codes but it hadnot helped. i also tried selecting other projects to Run on Server but thats also not working. Its always showing same error again and again.
What do you mean by cleanup. I had deleted the server, even the folder from workspace and from the list of server in eclipse too. I was working normally as usual and you said messed, i really didn't understood that. Ok then how to cleanup all and start again. I can start again but how to remove all the settings. Do i have to delete all the projects that i created in eclipse or need to delete only those related to servlets which should run on Server ???
I had the same problem I deleted the server from the server tab, and also the server folder under your eclipse workspace, restarted eclipse, set up a new server, and it appears to be running OK now.
Quick update, I ran a certain jsp, which seemed to screw everything up and give me the same problem, this time around I just right clicked on the server and deleted it, and checked 'Delete unused server configuration(s)' - that seemed to do the trick.
UPDATE - I think I know why I got this problem, I had made a small error in my WEB-INF/web.xml file, once I corrected this, it worked fine.
In Eclipse, open the Servers tab
Double-click on "Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost"
The settings tab opens, click on the Open launch configuration link in General Information
The Edit Configuration screen opens, click on the Classpath tab.
Click on the "Add External JARs..." button and browse for the missing library. In my case it was the following: