aspose file tools*
The moose likes Threads and Synchronization and the fly likes Thread is stopping without any reason Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Threads and Synchronization
Bookmark "Thread is stopping without any reason" Watch "Thread is stopping without any reason" New topic
Author

Thread is stopping without any reason

Azrael Noor
Ranch Hand

Hello all

An agent is running on JBOSS server in SAR file.

A Single thread is running on Server processing following:
> taking request from database call web service
> making call to web service
> processing on response
> updating request status

It worked for many months but it stopped suddenly without giving any error in Server log or any where.
While loop keep thread running

This happened back with me an year before.

We simply restart the server and everything runs normal

i am unable to find why thread is showing such behavior. Who Killed it?

Regards
Azrael Noor
Steve Luke
Bartender

Azrael Noor wrote:i am unable to find why thread is showing such behavior. Who Killed it?

Must of been Joe from accounting...

But really, we have no way of helping you with this. What you need to do is attach a profiler and see what is happening to the thread - what its state is and what its call stack is. Once you see that info you may be able to walk backwards and see what is happening.

Steve
Steve Luke
Bartender

And if the thread actually comes to completion, you have to find all the scenarios where that could happen. Check every line of code to see if there is something that could make it stop, or an exception that gets caught, causes thread death but doesn't report or log the error at all.

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Thread is stopping without any reason