Win a copy of Re-engineering Legacy Software this week in the Refactoring forum
or Docker in Action in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Struts2 Execute and Wait

 
Chris Hatton
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ok guys, I'm on the verge of admitting defeat here. I'm developing a struts2 app on Google App Engine (Although I don't think this has any bearing on the subject). I'm adding the exec and wait interceptor and my execute method is not being called and my app is staying on my wait page. This is my first struts2 app and also the first time I have used this interceptor. I've totally ran out of ideas. Have you any suggestions? The only odd thing I can see is this logging:

11-Sep-2012 18:43:03 com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Could not find token mapped to token name struts.token

Any suggestion on common problems, ideas on how to debug or any far flung possibilities the problem could be would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.


Chris

In my waitpage.jsp head contains:


In my struts.xml


My Action Class:
 
jatan bhavsar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 299
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi Chris,

It works fine for me pleae have look at the struts.xml as i havent included the result type="tiles" .
In your configuration action class name is springManagedProductManagementAction and action is with the name productmanagementaction.



try to change some configuration and run it clear the cache,classes,history from browser etc.. It should work.if not then post some stack trace here.

Regards
Jatan
 
Chris Hatton
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Jatan for testing this. I did another test, this time taking Spring and Tiles out of the equation and it still never worked.

I had a quick look at the code for the ExecuteAndWaitInterceptor and it looks like it is creating a new thread to run the action in. I think this is causing a problem in the Google App Engine (GAE) servlet container:

https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/runtime

Looks like I might have to write my own Interceptor for GAE. I still might be wrong until I do more tests. I find it strange that when I googled this I haven't found anyone with the same problem. This makes me think I might well be wrong.

Thanks for your help though.


Chris
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic