Hello. I just finished reading head first java and tested what I learned by solving all the exercises I found on this site (Cattle drive)except servlets problem.I also tried exercises I found on the internet and I think I did pretty well. Now how can I build my skill even more?Can you give me books that is more in depth/more advance that can take my skill to the next level?I really want to be a good java developer. Thanks
Henry Pastor wrote:I really want to be a good java developer.
Well. here is my 2 cents ...
1. read more java books
* Thinking in Java by Bruce
* CoreJava by Gay Horstmann
* Big Java by Gay Horstmann
--> then go slightly deep. ie,
* Effective Java by Joshua Bloch
* Java Puzzler by Joshua Bloch
--> then concentrate package specific stuff , ie,
* Generic Java and Collection
* Java I/O
* Java Concurrency in practice...
2. practice more ....
3. *importantly* keep your ambition which I have quoted.
The other thing I'd do is write a lot of programs. Books will get you so far, but there's no substitute for sleepless nights and banging your head against the terminal a bit (although in these days of TFT screens it probably doesn't leave quite such a dent as it used to).
Isn't it funny how there's always time and money enough to do it WRONG?