• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Passed OCP Java Programmer II SE7 1Z0-804

 
Marco Farrugia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 34
  • Likes 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I did the exam last week and passed with 73%. I used TF360 and ePractice Labs for mock tests. These alone are not sufficient. I also read all of K&B 6 and covered at least all of the tutorial prepareation on the oracle website: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/extra/certification/javase-7-programmer2.html

The exam was quite tough; much more difficult than I expected. In the mock tests I used (see above), I always got around 90%. I was quite calm during the exam, so you can see the difference between the 90% and 73%.

My advice is not to take it lightly; after all the pass grade is 65%. Unfortunately there is no sufficient source of information to help us prepare for this exam, so you have to work on your own, but it is not an impossible exam.

Wish good luck to all those preparinig for this exam.
 
Marco Farrugia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 34
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
By the way, TF360 contained a lot of mistakes in the questions and answers, so I do not recommend it. ePractize is better, even though both tools offer questions that are not as hard as the ones in the exam.
 
Jhonson Fernando
MyExamCloud Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 647
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations!...
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3715
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations, Marco! Yes, this is a very tough exam so you did a great job

BTW, we have recently released our mock exam simulator for this certification and I was wondering if you would be kind enough to review it. Since you've already passed the exam, your feedback will be very valuable. I can send you an evaluation copy.

thank you,
Paul.
 
Marco Farrugia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 34
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Paul Anilprem wrote:Congratulations, Marco! Yes, this is a very tough exam so you did a great job

BTW, we have recently released our mock exam simulator for this certification and I was wondering if you would be kind enough to review it. Since you've already passed the exam, your feedback will be very valuable. I can send you an evaluation copy.

thank you,
Paul.

Thanks Paul. Sure I will do the evaluation for you. I used your mock exam simulator for the 1Z0-803 and it was a great asset in helping me pass the exam by 94%, so I would definitely recommend it for those who plan to sit for the OCA JP SE 7 exam.
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3715
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Marco Farrugia wrote:
Paul Anilprem wrote:Congratulations, Marco! Yes, this is a very tough exam so you did a great job

BTW, we have recently released our mock exam simulator for this certification and I was wondering if you would be kind enough to review it. Since you've already passed the exam, your feedback will be very valuable. I can send you an evaluation copy.

thank you,
Paul.

Thanks Paul. Sure I will do the evaluation for you. I used your mock exam simulator for the 1Z0-803 and it was a great asset in helping me pass the exam by 94%, so I would definitely recommend it for those who plan to sit for the OCA JP SE 7 exam.

Great! Please PM me your emailid and I will do the rest.
-Paul.
 
Enkita mody
Ranch Hand
Posts: 333
Firefox Browser Java Windows XP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats!!

Please share your experience in details.It can be very helpful as there is not much review on it.Thanks
 
Marco Farrugia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 34
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks.

Basically you have to go through all of K&B except chapter 10.

Then all the stuff that was added to the Java SE7 such as:
-multi-catch
-try-with-resources
-know that String types are now allowed in switch statements

java.io.RandomAccessFile with all the access modes such as "rws" (just know that they exist. there is no need to know the details of the "rws" and "rwd")
Serialization, you can leave out Externalizable interface

I would also go through the Java tutorial for the certification.
 
Enkita mody
Ranch Hand
Posts: 333
Firefox Browser Java Windows XP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Marco Farrugia wrote:Thanks.

Basically you have to go through all of K&B except chapter 10.

Then all the stuff that was added to the Java SE7 such as:
-multi-catch
-try-with-resources
-know that String types are now allowed in switch statements

java.io.RandomAccessFile with all the access modes such as "rws" (just know that they exist. there is no need to know the details of the "rws" and "rwd")
Serialization, you can leave out Externalizable interface

I would also go through the Java tutorial for the certification.


Thanks, that is great information.
 
Marco Farrugia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 34
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You're welcome. If am willing to help as much as my memory can retain.
 
Enkita mody
Ranch Hand
Posts: 333
Firefox Browser Java Windows XP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Marco Farrugia wrote:You're welcome. If am willing to help as much as my memory can retain.

I have one doubt here, you said K&B except chapter 10.Does it mean i have to re-read all topics those i had read for OCA7 ?

Thanks
 
Marco Farrugia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 34
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
ankita modi. wrote:
Marco Farrugia wrote:You're welcome. If am willing to help as much as my memory can retain.

I have one doubt here, you said K&B except chapter 10.Does it mean i have to re-read all topics those i had read for OCA7 ?

Thanks


If you still remember all the details when you did OCA7, then you do not need to read them again. I thought that to be safe I'd rather go through them again. Otherwise you could read the summary and go carefully through the two minute drill. Apparently the OCP exam assumes you know all the material from the OCA. One other thing is that Strings, regex and format are thoroughly covered in K&B and you do not need to go enywhere else. I found the below helpful for better understanding:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/Formatter.html
 
Enkita mody
Ranch Hand
Posts: 333
Firefox Browser Java Windows XP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks.
 
Marco Farrugia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 34
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
An by the way, this was very helpful: http://java.boot.by/ocpjp7-upgrade/index.html

In my particular set of questions, I don't rememeber that that was any mention of RowSet
 
Kancharla Madhu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 109
Eclipse IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats!!. You mentioned you have used TF360 ,May I know what is this?
 
Kancharla Madhu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 109
Eclipse IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Hi Marco,

I had one query for you, Is this exam still in Beta mode? Oracle website says it is in Beta mode but I had little doubt there.
 
arulk pillai
Author
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3387
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats and keep up the good work
 
Marco Farrugia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 34
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

It is not in Beta.

I cannot mention TF360 as it is banned, but nonetheless it had a lot of mistakes in the questions and I wasted a lot of time figuring out whether the answer was correct while using it. It also had a lot of duplicates.
 
Gaurav Solanki
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Marco,
Can you help me know which books needed to be followed to crack this exam. Can you also post the links to study material which can help me download and go through.
Thanks & Regards,
 
Marco Farrugia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 34
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

Basically you have to go through the first 9 chapters from the SCJP 6 book by Sierra and Bates. Some of the topics you have already covered them in OCAJP SE7 exam, but it is assumed that you know them well. This book only covers Java SE 6 stuff, so I found the Oracle tutorials as good sources: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/extra/certification/javase-7-programmer2.html

Once you go through all the reference I suggest that you do practice mock tests. I used ePractize Labs as that was one of the best few available. Enthuware looks very good as well and I would go for it.

Good luck for your exam.

Gaurav Solanki wrote:Hello Marco,
Can you help me know which books needed to be followed to crack this exam. Can you also post the links to study material which can help me download and go through.
Thanks & Regards,
 
Vamsi Myalapalli
Greenhorn
Posts: 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations.
i am going with enthuware mock exams, oracle docs,SCJP6 materials.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does this make enough prep
 
Abhay Agarwal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1376
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic