This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum. We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line! See this thread for details.
* Code, test, debug, implements, and documents moderately complex programs. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
* Designs systems and programs to meet complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery.
* Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Assists project manager in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
* Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
* Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
* Assists support and/or project personnel in resolving moderately complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
* Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
* Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
* Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
* Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
* Minimum of 5 years of J2ee software development experience
* Minimum of 3 years experience with JSP and Struts
* Minimum of 5 years experience with RDBMS
* Excellent knowledge and experience with WebSphere, JBoss or WebLogic application servers
* Experience with Agile, RUP and Waterfall development methodologies
* Understanding/experience with continuous integration concepts
* Must have Rule engine experience.
* Experience with medical bills / claims processing a PLUS
* Ability to work as part of team and independently
* Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
* Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Comments: Successful applicant must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Incumbent must be willing and able to travel and to reside in Pierre SD. A background investigation is required.
In South Dakota, you will also find friendly people with an affordable cost of living without State income taxes. Pierre has many outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, biking, and many active local organizations. You can learn more about South Dakota at http://www.travelsd.com/.
If you would like to be a part of our team, please submit your cover letter and resume today by email.
Sales/Special Projects Director