This week's book giveaway is in the Servlets forum.
We're giving away four copies of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP and have Joel Murach on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Programming Diversions and the fly likes Toughest problem this week Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Programming Diversions
Bookmark "Toughest problem this week" Watch "Toughest problem this week" New topic
Author

Toughest problem this week

Danjel Nyberg
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 12, 2012
Posts: 15

What is the output of this?



Have a nice weekend everyone!
/Danjel

[John] Split long lines in post
Anayonkar Shivalkar
Bartender

Joined: Dec 08, 2010
Posts: 1502
    
    5

Hi Danjel,

Welcome to CodeRanch!

Firstly, this is NotACodeMill. We do not give (and do not encourage giving) ready-made answers.

Secondly, please, ShowSomeEffort. What have you tried to solve this issue so far? Where exactly are you facing issue?

Finally, CarefullyChooseOneForum. I doubt whether this question has anything to do with SCJP/OCPJP.

I hope this helps.


Regards,
Anayonkar Shivalkar (SCJP, SCWCD, OCMJD, OCEEJBD)
Danjel Nyberg
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 12, 2012
Posts: 15

Sorry for this, was just spinning off of the recent chars not compiling threads, plus i though i'd give you some fun for the weekend. perhaps the wrong forum.

Kind Regards
/Danjel
Jelle Klap
Bartender

Joined: Mar 10, 2008
Posts: 1753
    
    7

I hardly expect it would take anyone a weekend to sysout the Unicode escapes
I'll move this to Programming Diversions for you.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
John Jai
Bartender

Joined: May 31, 2011
Posts: 1776
Ohh Danjel, are you asking about how to bring the given unicode chars as output, or you ask what is the output on executing this
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11150
    
  16

execute it in what? Perl? AWK? Assembly? c-shell?


There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors
Enkita mody
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 06, 2012
Posts: 333

It should be in meaningless drive.


OCA7
John Jai
Bartender

Joined: May 31, 2011
Posts: 1776
ankita modi. wrote:It should be in meaningless drive.

I disagree. I think it best suites Programming Diversions - "A place for programming puzzles, challenges, interview questions, and similar fun.", according to its description.
Enkita mody
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 06, 2012
Posts: 333

John Jai wrote:
ankita modi. wrote:It should be in meaningless drive.

I disagree. I think it best suites Programming Diversions - "A place for programming puzzles, challenges, interview questions, and similar fun.", according to its description.


Okay, No hurts.It's up to you where you put it.
Vijay Tyagi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 15, 2010
Posts: 52
Answer is JAVA



Wrote a small program to read those unicode strings from a file and convert each into a char
Richard Tookey
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 1035
    
  10

Vijay Tyagi wrote:Answer is JAVA[/code]


\u0053\u0070\u006f\u0069\u006c\u0073\u0070\u006f\u0072\u0074
U3BvaWxzcG9ydA==
;fHYhCiaQ6Ec_
53706f696c73706f7274
394030481481489850528372
Vijay Tyagi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 15, 2010
Posts: 52
Richard Tookey wrote:
Vijay Tyagi wrote:Answer is JAVA[/code]


\u0053\u0070\u006f\u0069\u006c\u0073\u0070\u006f\u0072\u0074
U3BvaWxzcG9ydA==
;fHYhCiaQ6Ec_
53706f696c73706f7274
394030481481489850528372





\u0053\u006f\u0072\u0072\u0079\u002c\u0020\u0049\u0020\u0074\u0068\u006f\u0075\u0067\u0068\u0074\u0020\u0069\u0074\u0020\u0077\u0061\u0073\u0020\u0077\u0068\u006f\u0020\u0067\u0065\u0074\u0073\u0020\u0069\u0074\u0020\u0066\u0069\u0072\u0073\u0074
Richard Tookey
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 27, 2012
Posts: 1035
    
  10

Vijay Tyagi wrote:
\u0053\u006f\u0072\u0072\u0079\u002c\u0020\u0049\u0020\u0074\u0068\u006f\u0075\u0067\u0068\u0074\u0020\u0069\u0074\u0020\u0077\u0061\u0073\u0020\u0077\u0068\u006f\u0020\u0067\u0065\u0074\u0073\u0020\u0069\u0074\u0020\u0066\u0069\u0072\u0073\u0074


Oi0pIEkgdGhvdWdodCBpdCBtaWdodCBiZSBzb21lYm9keSdzIGhvbWV3b3JrIQ==
Vijay Tyagi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 15, 2010
Posts: 52
Richard Tookey wrote:
Vijay Tyagi wrote:
\u0053\u006f\u0072\u0072\u0079\u002c\u0020\u0049\u0020\u0074\u0068\u006f\u0075\u0067\u0068\u0074\u0020\u0069\u0074\u0020\u0077\u0061\u0073\u0020\u0077\u0068\u006f\u0020\u0067\u0065\u0074\u0073\u0020\u0069\u0074\u0020\u0066\u0069\u0072\u0073\u0074


Oi0pIEkgdGhvdWdodCBpdCBtaWdodCBiZSBzb21lYm9keSdzIGhvbWV3b3JrIQ==



OikgTm8sT1Aga25ldyB0aGUgYW5zd2VyLGhlIHdhbnRlZCB0byBnaXZlIHBlb3BsZSBhICJmdW4gdGFzayIgZm9yIHRoZSB3ZWVrZW5kIQ==
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 18500
    
  40


If you like code obfuscations, take a look at some of the candidates from obfuscation contests -- which are many many orders of magnitude more difficult to decipher than unicode to text.... ... It is really cool looking at code, that generates output that doesn't seem to have any relationship with the original code.

Henry

Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
Vijay Tyagi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 15, 2010
Posts: 52
which are many many orders of magnitude more difficult to decipher than unicode to text.... ...


Agree , the title of this thread should have been "Easiest problem this week"
Dave Trower
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 12, 2003
Posts: 86
The is in base64.
You can decode it here:
Base 64 decoder
So copy: OikgTm8sT1Aga25ldyB0aGUgYW5zd2VyLGhlIHdhbnRlZCB0byBnaXZlIHBlb3BsZSBhICJmdW4gdGFzayIgZm9yIHRoZSB3ZWVrZW5kIQ==
into the text box and select "decode"
And you get this:
No,OP knew the answer,he wanted to give people a "fun task" for the weekend!
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11150
    
  16

Henry Wong wrote:
If you like code obfuscations, take a look at some of the candidates from obfuscation contests -- which are many many orders of magnitude more difficult to decipher than unicode to text.... ... It is really cool looking at code, that generates output that doesn't seem to have any relationship with the original code.

I know Perl lets you do some crazy stuff. People have written scripts to translate your source into ASCII art. here is one I made I am particularly proud of. What I posted is a 100% valid perl script you can run.
Rohan Deshmkh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 31, 2012
Posts: 127
The answer is:
class test { public static void main(String[] args) { System.out.println("JAVA");}}

It was very easy with python.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Toughest problem this week
 
Similar Threads
Unicode Value????
Unreadable code ?!
CHEECKY but i need help FAST please!
I don't get it!
char literals