the trailboss abuses his CodeRanch power for his other stuff (power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely is kinda neat!)
permaculture light bulbs permaculture electric heat permaculture cast iron permaculture wood burning stove permaculture solar food dehydrators
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes He says linux ain't safe - needs anti virus Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "He says linux ain Watch "He says linux ain New topic
Author

He says linux ain't safe - needs anti virus

Lexington Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2012
Posts: 67
The boys at kaspersky have some insights into linux. I wonder how many of them are even real, let alone serious issues.


In Soviet Russia, Antivirus infect you !
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 41034
    
  43
In Soviet Russia, Antivirus infect you !

There's nothing in that video to back up that statement. Care to explain what you mean?


Ping & DNS - my free Android networking tools app
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11149
    
  16

Ulf Dittmer wrote:
In Soviet Russia, Antivirus infect you !

There's nothing in that video to back up that statement. Care to explain what you mean?

I think that was a riff on this


There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 41034
    
  43
Ah, I hadn't known about that. Makes sense in MD. Not sure what the reverse of "Antivirus infect you" would be, though.
Lexington Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2012
Posts: 67
fred rosenberger wrote:
Ulf Dittmer wrote:
In Soviet Russia, Antivirus infect you !

There's nothing in that video to back up that statement. Care to explain what you mean?

I think that was a riff on this


Yeah, that was just a dig i took at kaspersky

Some more -




Mike Simmons
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 05, 2008
Posts: 2982
    
    9
Well, the last one is just silly.

Putin is the president of the Russian Federation. Not Soviet Russia.

Duh.

Pat Farrell
Rancher

Joined: Aug 11, 2007
Posts: 4646
    
    5

Mike Simmons wrote:Putin is the president of the Russian Federation. Not Soviet Russia.


But Putin doesn't know that.
Lexington Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2012
Posts: 67
Pat Farrell wrote:
Mike Simmons wrote:Putin is the president of the Russian Federation. Not Soviet Russia.


But Putin doesn't know that.


Haha ! Good one !

 
wood burning stoves
 
subject: He says linux ain't safe - needs anti virus
 
Similar Threads
What laptop to buy?
Youtube thread
Can an abstract class contain main() method or not?
Bollywood worst fight scenes
Check free space of a directory of linux environment in Java