aspose file tools*
The moose likes Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA) and the fly likes Passed OCMJEA Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of EJB 3 in Action this week in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA)
Bookmark "Passed OCMJEA" Watch "Passed OCMJEA" New topic
Author

Passed OCMJEA

Lin Sun
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 16
Received email notification from OCP that I have passed the OCMJEA certification. Thanks for people in the forum. I've learned a lot from you.

Date of my journey:
Jun. 28: Part I exam
Jun. 28: Part II assignment download
Sep. 5-7: Mandatory course
Sep. 21: Part II assignment submit
Sep. 27: Part III exam
Sep. 28: Mandatory course form approved
Oct. 13: Certview status shows passed
Oct. 17: Received email notification from OCP
Sunderam Goplalan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 10, 2011
Posts: 68
Congrats!


SCJP 5.0 , SCEA Java EE 5
Cathal Mullan
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 20, 2011
Posts: 118
Congrats Lin!!!

Which mandatory course did you attend? Was it any good? Did you or your company pay for it?
koilraj abraham
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 440
    
    2
Congratulations!...


Abraham
EPractize Labs Training Labs => OCMJEA 6 | OCAJP | OCPJP | OCEJWSD | OCEEJBD | OCEJPAD | OCEJWCD
Fernando Franzini
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 09, 2009
Posts: 484
    
    2

Congrat!!!


Fernando Franzini - Java Blog
Lin Sun
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 16
Cathal Mullan wrote:Congrats Lin!!!

Which mandatory course did you attend? Was it any good? Did you or your company pay for it?


I took a 3 day course - Business Component Development with EJB Technology, Java EE 6.

Nothing new in the course. Just for the sake of satisfying the certification requirement.

Company paid for it.
Cathal Mullan
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 20, 2011
Posts: 118
Anyone who I have heard of taking the course, their company paid for it. I am not so lucky, working for myself.

Congrats again Lin
Juan Gonzalez P.
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 28, 2012
Posts: 4
Lin Sun wrote:
Cathal Mullan wrote:Congrats Lin!!!

Which mandatory course did you attend? Was it any good? Did you or your company pay for it?


I took a 3 day course - Business Component Development with EJB Technology, Java EE 6.

Nothing new in the course. Just for the sake of satisfying the certification requirement.

Company paid for it.


Hi Lin,

I thought there were some requirements for doing all the courses (except for Java 6 programming). Did you take the Java 6 course before this one?
Jeanne Boyarsky
internet detective
Marshal

Joined: May 26, 2003
Posts: 29220
    
135

Juan Gonzalez P. wrote:I thought there were some requirements for doing all the courses (except for Java 6 programming). Did you take the Java 6 course before this one?

No. Those are suggested pre-requisites. You should have the knowledge but you don't need to have taken the actual course before taking a later one.


[Blog] [JavaRanch FAQ] [How To Ask Questions The Smart Way] [Book Promos]
Blogging on Certs: SCEA Part 1, Part 2 & 3, Core Spring 3, OCAJP, OCPJP beta, TOGAF part 1 and part 2
Juan Gonzalez P.
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 28, 2012
Posts: 4
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:
No. Those are suggested pre-requisites. You should have the knowledge but you don't need to have taken the actual course before taking a later one.

Thanks Jane, but in Oracle courses web it says clear "Required pre-requisites" in related training tab (for example doing Architect Enterprise Applications with Java EE):

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=609&p_org_id=1001&lang=US&get_params=dc:D68136GC10,p_preview:N

BTW, I love your blog about SCEA :-D
Lin Sun
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 16
Juan Gonzalez P. wrote:I thought there were some requirements for doing all the courses (except for Java 6 programming). Did you take the Java 6 course before this one?


No I didn't take any course before this one.
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 26, 2006
Posts: 9243
    
    1

Congrats!


SCJP 1.4, SCWCD 1.4 - Hints for you, SCBCD Hints - Demnachst, SCDJWS - Auch Demnachst
Did a rm -R / to find out that I lost my entire Linux installation!
nit sin
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 22, 2012
Posts: 6
Congrats Lin!!!

what assignment you got in part-2?

Regards
Nit
Mr. Ankur Garg
Greenhorn

Joined: May 27, 2012
Posts: 6

congrats Lin

Ankur Garg (SCJP,SCWCD)
Lin Sun
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 16
nit sin wrote:Congrats Lin!!!

what assignment you got in part-2?

Regards
Nit


It's the Big Smokes Cigar assignment.
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 07, 2008
Posts: 684

Lin Sun wrote:Received email notification from OCP that I have passed the OCMJEA certification. Thanks for people in the forum. I've learned a lot from you.

Date of my journey:
Jun. 28: Part I exam
Jun. 28: Part II assignment download
Sep. 5-7: Mandatory course
Sep. 21: Part II assignment submit
Sep. 27: Part III exam
Sep. 28: Mandatory course form approved
Oct. 13: Certview status shows passed
Oct. 17: Received email notification from OCP


Many congratulations to you on clearing OCMJEA. Can you please provide list of reading material you used for OCMJEA ?



Thanks, Nishan Patel
SCJP 1.5, SCWCD 1.5, OCPJWSD Java Developer,My Blog
Shankar sanjay
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 14, 2009
Posts: 115
congrats!...
one question..Did you attend mandatory course after the part-I exam?, can anyone please tell , can we take part-I exam, then can attend the mandatory course?
Lin Sun
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 16
Nishan Patel wrote:

Many congratulations to you on clearing OCMJEA. Can you please provide list of reading material you used for OCMJEA ?



Followings are what I consider essential:

Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide 2nd Edition
J2EE 5 Architect Exam Study Guide
Design Patterns
Core J2EE Patterns - Best Practices and Design Strategies
Enterprise Integration Patterns
UML Distilled

The first two are highly recommended.
Lin Sun
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 16
Shankar sanjay wrote:congrats!...
one question..Did you attend mandatory course after the part-I exam?, can anyone please tell , can we take part-I exam, then can attend the mandatory course?


Attended course after part I exam. Actually, you can attend at any point prior to getting the certification, even after part III exam.
Vinod Tiwari
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 06, 2008
Posts: 459
    
    1
Congrats Lin


Vinod Tiwari | Twitter
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Passed OCMJEA
 
Similar Threads
Cleared OCMJEA!
Cleared OCMJEA with 94%
Passed OCMJEA !!
Passed SCEA/OCMJEA
Cleared OCMJEA - Part 2 and 3