Get your CodeRanch badge!*
The moose likes JSP and the fly likes Ulmaut characters are not displaying properly in my JSP Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of EJB 3 in Action this week in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » JSP
Bookmark "Ulmaut characters are not displaying properly in my JSP" Watch "Ulmaut characters are not displaying properly in my JSP" New topic
Author

Ulmaut characters are not displaying properly in my JSP

shanthini raman
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 19, 2008
Posts: 2
I have a jsp which has the option for uploading a file.In my case i have uploaded a file that has the name in combination of english and ulmaut characters.that will be displayed in next jsp where it displays properly for example üß_file.xls when the same code display as ?_file.xls in the higher environment ie.,test environment i had tried three option 1.encoded to UTF-8 in the encoding option as the first line in my jsp 2.I have changed the html:form attribute(accept character set) to UTF-8 3.I have included onle SetCharacter Encoded Sevlet filter which is setting response content type to UTF-8 and request .set character Encoding to UTF-8 It includes the change in web.xml with the param to force the jsp patterns to UTF-8 Encoding type.

please suggest me some solutions to solve this issue in test environment(where it works fine in DEV and local environments).
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Ulmaut characters are not displaying properly in my JSP
 
Similar Threads
Encoding Type Of XML Document
Character Encoding Issue
Get encoding type of URL
character encoding problem
Repost of Pablo Olmos: user encoding language conflict user encoding language confli