This week's giveaway is in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum. We're giving away four copies of EJB 3 in Action and have Debu Panda, Reza Rahman, Ryan Cuprak, and Michael Remijan on-line! See this thread for details.
I'm looking to do some internationalization in my working example of javafx.
I've looked in the internet and i found no valuable information how to do this.
I'm using a resource bundle but i don´t no how to update the rendered elements in the window to the new resource bundle.
Here's my example code:
the bundles are
How can i refresh all the elements in my scene to get the new value from bundle
when i press one of the language buttons.
If your components are defined in code rather than fxml you will currently (with JavaFX 2.2) need to create the infrastructure yourself.
Quick algorithm off the top of my head:
1. assign an id to each labeled or text node (setId).
2. use the text key strings in your resource bundle which match your node id.
3. create a resourcebundle property on your scene.
4. attach a resourcebundle property ChangeListener.
5. when the resourcebundle for the scene changes:
a. iterate through all your text keys from the resource bundle.
b. invoke the node.lookup(textKeyId) function for each text key.
c. call node.setText(rb.getString(textKeyId)).