NLU Research Engineer/Developer Wanted, long-term contract, remote
Joined: Nov 08, 2012
Title: Natural Language Understanding Research Engineer – various languages
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: on-going
Hours: 40 hours/week
Appen Butler Hill is currently looking for a Natural Language Understanding (NLU) Research Engineer to work in the Speech Technology sector. Candidates must be highly motivated and have high attention to detail.
- As a member of the NLU Research group, the candidate will be part of the team that will develop state-of-the-art multi-modal natural dialog system for mobile platforms (smartphone, and more). He/She will be building the most advanced natural dialogue applications for public consumer use cases.
- The candidate will be working with cutting edge technology and is expected to do exploratory work, improving and innovating, while focusing on delivering the required application features.
- The candidate will also work on challenging research problems that have a concrete impact on real-world applications. The main focus of this is to enhance our advanced dialog architecture so that it can allow application developers to author rapidly and intuitively, and tune systematically, highly performing, potentially multi-modal, natural dialog systems.
- Develop and support real-life advanced-dialog applications, systematically improving their performance and transferring know-how to application groups.
Improve existing dialog architecture so that;
• General dialog strategies such as corrections, choice navigation, error detection comes for free from the architecture instead of being programmatically added for each application
• Re-usability from previous applications is optimized
• Necessary application specific input/configuration are intuitive and centralized so that application development is quick and well-defined.
• Native or near-native any of the following languages: Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, French, Japanese or Chinese
• Required: Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent), or Bachelors with 2 years of experience. Preferred: Ph.D. or Masters plus 4 years of relevant experience.
• Degree in computer science, EE, math or related field. Advanced degree or related experience required.
• Strong algorithmic and software skills, especially in Java and in designing architectures that generalize well.
• Accomplished coder with ability to realize research ideas.
• Should be able to take initiative, but also follow a plan and work well as part of a team.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• AI and agent-based programming, speech, natural language processing, experience with Dialog systems, knowledge representation & ontology design, machine learning, data mining and keen interest in applied research are all preferred skills for this role.
If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, please feel free to contact us at staffinglinguistics "at" appenbutlerhill "dot" com.
Appen Butler Hill is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 50 languages and dialects.
Joined: Oct 13, 2005
Welcome to the Ranch and good luck finding the best person for that job.
Please note I have changed your e‑mail address to make it less obvious to spammers.