This week's book giveaway is in the Mac OS forum.
We're giving away four copies of a choice of "Take Control of Upgrading to Yosemite" or "Take Control of Automating Your Mac" and have Joe Kissell on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes Thread class Methods Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "Thread class Methods" Watch "Thread class Methods" New topic
Author

Thread class Methods

sharma ishu
Ranch Hand

Which of the following are methods of the Thread class?
1) yield()
2) sleep(long msec)
3) go()
4) stop()
Answer: 1,2 and 4.

Why is option 4 valid?
Matthew Brown
Bartender

Have you looked at the Thread class documentation?: java.lang.Thread#stop()

It's a deprecated method you shouldn't use, though. That might be an old question. Where are you quoting it from?
sharma ishu
Ranch Hand

Matthew Brown wrote:Have you looked at the Thread class documentation?: java.lang.Thread#stop()

It's a deprecated method you shouldn't use, though. That might be an old question. Where are you quoting it from?

This is from a mock test of year 2009.
So, you mean to say that if this question occurs in the exam now then only options 1 and 2 will be correct? Please tell me if I am right or wrong.
Matthew Brown
Bartender

sharma ishu wrote:This is from a mock test of year 2009.
So, you mean to say that if this question occurs in the exam now then only options 1 and 2 will be correct? Please tell me if I am right or wrong.

The method still exists in the Thread class, so 4 would still be correct. But I think it would be a very poor question to ask about deprecated methods. But then, it was already a poor question in 2009. I'd be surprised if the real exam asked it, but I can't be sure they wouldn't.
sharma ishu
Ranch Hand

Matthew Brown wrote:
sharma ishu wrote:This is from a mock test of year 2009.

The method still exists in the Thread class, so 4 would still be correct. But I think it would be a very poor question to ask about deprecated methods. But then, it was already a poor question in 2009. I'd be surprised if the real exam asked it, but I can't be sure they wouldn't.

It was in some mock test. NOT in real exam.
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

sharma ishu wrote:
It was in some mock test. NOT in real exam.

Please QuoteYourSources.

Henry

GeeCON Prague 2014

subject: Thread class Methods