aspose file tools*
The moose likes Applets and the fly likes An applet that is not fetched Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Applets
Bookmark "An applet that is not fetched" Watch "An applet that is not fetched" New topic
Author

An applet that is not fetched

Comal Rajagopalaratnam Muthukumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 18, 2012
Posts: 90

Hello Colleagues,

For me The fowloowing code seems ok ilieu of error clearnce!
But then why the applet is not able to be seen or the slideshow(ie .avi file) is not forth coming
Any rectification please!
Thanks in abundance!
As
CRMK


Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42289
    
  64
What does "the applet is not able to be seen" mean, exactly? Are there any error messages in the Java Console?


Ping & DNS - my free Android networking tools app
Comal Rajagopalaratnam Muthukumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 18, 2012
Posts: 90
Ulf Dittmer wrote:What does "the applet is not able to be seen" mean, exactly? Are there any error messages in the Java Console?


Hello
Thanks for the clarification querry.
A more simpler one like the follwing (ShahtDesign.java)gets me the output but not the one( ie a slideshow to start with the .avi file). so Please suggest me how do i connect the avi file to my WindowMediaPlayer if i have to use the applet method
Please read the following simpler version and the re read the above problem and help .
Thanking You
As
CRMK


Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42289
    
  64
The question remains just about the same: what does this code do, and what did you expect it to do instead?

Edited: OK, I just ran it, and it seems fine. I could enter some numbers and it calculated something. So what's the issue?

On an unrelated note: You should get in the habit of using the @Override annotation; it can be a huge time saver by preventing bugs resulting from typos.
Comal Rajagopalaratnam Muthukumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 18, 2012
Posts: 90
Ulf Dittmer wrote:The question remains just about the same: what does this code do, and what did you expect it to do instead?

Edited: OK, I just ran it, and it seems fine. I could enter some numbers and it calculated something. So what's the issue?

On an unrelated note: You should get in the habit of using the @Override annotation; it can be a huge time saver by preventing bugs resulting from typos.


Hello

Fine and thanks.
Ok i summarise as follows:-


I hava a medifile with .avi extension (30megabites) that will play only with WindiowMediatorplayer of any computer.
An applet program is to make the file play with an appropriate plugging or any other device like audioclip that is able to get the object of the applet to comnnect with Wmplayer.
That is all is my present problem in a nutshel.
Hece ref my first program &do the needful
Thanks
As
CRMK
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42289
    
  64
So the code in your second post has nothing at all to do with the problem? If so, why did you post it?

As I understand it, you want to create an applet that can play AVI files; is that correct? if so, the simplest approach is probably to use the JMF library - it supports AVI, and does not require native code (which can be tricky to use in an applet). JMF sample code is available here.
Comal Rajagopalaratnam Muthukumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 18, 2012
Posts: 90
Ulf Dittmer wrote:So the code in your second post has nothing at all to do with the problem? If so, why did you post it?

As I understand it, you want to create an applet that can play AVI files; is that correct? if so, the simplest approach is probably to use the JMF library - it supports AVI, and does not require native code (which can be tricky to use in an applet). JMF sample code is available here.



Hello

Thanks for your help.

JMF library does not have the following API

import javax.media.*;
import javax.media.protocol.*;
import javax.media.control.*;
import javax.media.format.*;


******

Alternatively i tried to use my long .avi (file)to play via the following program.Though
the codes are errorles but still,requires linking device to make use a WindowMediaPlayer
to play the slide show.
Hence please suggest or where can i get the APIS



Thanks
As
CRMK



















Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42289
    
  64
For basic operations, JMF does not require any native libraries (and hence linking) - there is a pure-Java version of it.


JMF library does not have the following API

import javax.media.*;
import javax.media.protocol.*;
import javax.media.control.*;
import javax.media.format.*;

What are you basing this statement on? The javadocs indicate otherwise: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01/j2se/javase/technologies/desktop/media/jmf/2.1.1/apidocs/
Comal Rajagopalaratnam Muthukumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 18, 2012
Posts: 90
Ulf Dittmer wrote:For basic operations, JMF does not require any native libraries (and hence linking) - there is a pure-Java version of it.


JMF library does not have the following API

import javax.media.*;
import javax.media.protocol.*;
import javax.media.control.*;
import javax.media.format.*;

What are you basing this statement on? The javadocs indicate otherwise: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17802_01/j2se/javase/technologies/desktop/media/jmf/2.1.1/apidocs/


Hello
Thanks .
Please let me know why the followiing codes do not respond as compared to the ones done with JMF Library.Though
the docs you referred is yet to be made useof and then try for the appropriate output viz(slideshow functioning etc) which requires quite a time inlieu of compiling etc
The following program gives me a message as i showed in th commentline of the program at the end.
Will it take time get the result through theis & if so howlong in an olderwindow based computer
If any minor corrections to be made please help
As
CRMK


































Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42289
    
  64
Sorry, I don't understand what problem you're facing now. Can you rephrase it?
Comal Rajagopalaratnam Muthukumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 18, 2012
Posts: 90
Ulf Dittmer wrote:Sorry, I don't understand what problem you're facing now. Can you rephrase it?


Hello

Please reread the program and reply.ie
Whether the prog is ok or not .My problem in the codementioned , on execution, the applet is not immediately outputted.but it says applet started,taking a lot of time .....(delaying)!
thanks
As
CRMK
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42289
    
  64
The output is what I would expect from this line:

System.out.println("AudioPlayerApplet.class" + bgVideo);

What else are you expecting?
Comal Rajagopalaratnam Muthukumar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 18, 2012
Posts: 90
Ulf Dittmer wrote:The output is what I would expect from this line:

System.out.println("AudioPlayerApplet.class" + bgVideo);

What else are you expecting?

Hello Marshal

I just do not get the applet in the follwing java prg,though not similar to the one referred above,but i tend to think everything is ok & even with the blank format appearing on dxecution,surprisingly without the applet..is it i am erring fundamentally in the coding or is the applet not trusted in utopian way.
Please help
Thanks
As
CRMk
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: An applet that is not fetched