The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.3.4 has been released. In this release, we have provided support for rendering TIFF image from worksheets . There is also an improvement in adding headers and footers to worksheets in the Page Setup options. This is a maintenance release where several important customer issues have been fixed. Issues pertaining to rendering (reading and writing Microsoft Excel files), charts, conditional formatting and the formula calculation engine have also been corrected. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Support for TIFF format in Sheet-to-Image feature
- Right footer is not above the center footer as in MS Excel
- Out of Memory exception while converting Excel to PDF is fixed.
- Arabic text became junk characters in the saved CSV file with UTF-8 is fixed
- "Data may have been lost" error for the re-saved XLS file by Aspose.Cells is fixed in this new release.
- "Excel found unreadable content….." error for Aspose.Cells’ generated report is resolved in this release.
- Cell.getFormula() did not distinguish different named ranges with the same name but different scope is now fixed
- Automatic title for PIE chart issue is resolved.
- Cell.getR1C1Formula() did not distinguish different named ranges with the same name but different scope
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBCResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.