This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Posting complete code.
1) Index page accepts user name and invokes AuctionServlet.
2) Servlet looks up the stateful session bean with ServiceLocator. It sets 'User' instance variable of this session bean (with entered user name).
3) User redirected to another JSP informing that registration is successful and asked to click next.
4) On click of next, AuctionUserServlet is invoked.
5) AuctionUserServlet looks up the same session bean and displays the logged in user's name by accessing the User instance variable ---------- Getting null user here.....