Hello everybody, I want to make a Java App to manage certificates.
For example, for a keystore, in the requirements I've received, I need two files that I've already have:
1. Certificate (.cer or .pem extension),
2. the private key file (.key extension).
I wonder to know how can I create my own keystore with these files, how do I set the alias, password and all what my keystore needs.
Now, what I've also been asked for is to create a truststore based on the keystore:
- Generate a .CER file from keystore.jks
- Import .cer file into a new file named truststore.jks
- Import Root certificate (which I already have)
- Import Intermediate certificate (which I already have)
And I know that all what I want is possible with the "keytool" java offers, but I need an application that can do all this process. I've been thinking on using the Runtime class to execute keytool commands, but for some of the commands I need a confirmation and I couldn't manage to find how to accept or decline a command executed from java.
Is there maybe a framework for this kind of job. I'd really appreciate your help and thanks in advanced.