File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Beginning Java and the fly likes Best book to start learning java? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Beginning Java
Bookmark "Best book to start learning java?" Watch "Best book to start learning java?" New topic
Author

Best book to start learning java?

viku seth
Greenhorn

Joined: Jan 09, 2013
Posts: 1
Please suggest some best book to learn java and what all the main topics to cover . I have already worked on c , c++ and Qt since 1 year .
Winston Gutkowski
Bartender

Joined: Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 8186
    
  23

VivekKumar Behera wrote:Please suggest some best book to learn java and what all the main topics to cover . I have already worked on c , c++ and Qt since 1 year .

This question has been asked many times before. I suggest you use the Search tool to find other threads (it's next to the 'New Topic' button on the forum page), and come back with a more specific question if you don't find what you need.

Oh, and welcome to JavaRanch.

Winston

Isn't it funny how there's always time and money enough to do it WRONG?
Articles by Winston can be found here
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff

Joined: Oct 13, 2005
Posts: 39784
    
  28
Welcome to the Ranch

Most people here would recommend the Head First book (Head First Java 2/e, O’Reilly, Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates). Have a look here, too.
Nam Ha Minh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 31, 2011
Posts: 498

Yes, I also recommend Head First Java, and also: Java, A Beginner Guide by Hebert Schildt.


PM Me If You Want to get Urgent Help on Java Programming
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff

Joined: Oct 13, 2005
Posts: 39784
    
  28
Nam Ha Minh wrote: . . . Java, A Beginner Guide by Herbert Schildt.
Is that any good?
adam prore
Greenhorn

Joined: Jan 09, 2013
Posts: 7
Hello guys,i was also searching to get thev knowledge about the java because its my initial knowledge which i can get from your side by the behlaf of this forum..i also want initial books to start the knowledge about the java..i shall be very thankful to you..
Winston Gutkowski
Bartender

Joined: Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 8186
    
  23

adam prore wrote:Hello guys,i was also searching to get thev knowledge about the java because its my initial knowledge which i can get from your side by the behlaf of this forum..i also want initial books to start the knowledge about the java..i shall be very thankful to you..

Adam,

Adding your own question to an existing thread is generally frowned on here (it's called 'hijacking').

And since your question is pretty much identical to Viku's, I suggest you look at the replies he's already received - in particular, the link provided by Campbell.

Winston
J Solomon
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 08, 2012
Posts: 30
Campbell Ritchie wrote:Welcome to the Ranch

Most people here would recommend the Head First book (Head First Java 2/e, O’Reilly, Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates). Have a look here, too.


Head First Java is definitely worth a read.
Manu Somasekhar
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 22, 2012
Posts: 44
Head first java by Kathy Sierra. Best beginner's java book.

 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Best book to start learning java?