aspose file tools*
The moose likes JSP and the fly likes popup using Java,jsp,jquery,javascript Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » JSP
Bookmark "popup using Java,jsp,jquery,javascript" Watch "popup using Java,jsp,jquery,javascript" New topic
Author

popup using Java,jsp,jquery,javascript

senthil kumar paulraj
Greenhorn

Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Posts: 1
how to display a poupmessage in server when user submits a form
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal

Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Posts: 60997
    
  65

Please use complete sentences when posting and describe what you are trying to accomplish.

What do you mean by a popup on the server?


[Asking smart questions] [Bear's FrontMan] [About Bear] [Books by Bear]
Arun Giridhar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 10, 2012
Posts: 146

OP is saying how to display popup to know whether it has successfully updated in DB or not when user submits his data (form).

You can achieve this by Ajax and Manipulating the DOM.


hate Professionalism
Albareto McKenzie
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Posts: 298
What do you mean with "Manipulating the DOM"? you just need to show an alert.

About the OP's sentence it says literally that he wants to show the popup in the server, which I don't know what it really means.
Arun Giridhar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 10, 2012
Posts: 146

Albareto McKenzie wrote:What do you mean with "Manipulating the DOM"? you just need to show an alert.

About the OP's sentence it says literally that he wants to show the popup in the server, which I don't know what it really means.


>> Require a Div
You can make a customized popup make it hidden >> display:none >>on success or failure you can show this message altering z-index.
Albareto McKenzie
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Posts: 298
Yep, you can reinvent the wheel as much as you want, but I think the simple answer to show a popup client side is just show an alert. You can also use libraries like jQuery or Sencha ExtJS to create the popups.
Arun Giridhar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 10, 2012
Posts: 146

Albareto McKenzie wrote:Yep, you can reinvent the wheel as much as you want, but I think the simple answer to show a popup client side is just show an alert. You can also use libraries like jQuery or Sencha ExtJS to create the popups.

I never Like to use JQuery or Prototype for Simple Things.Although Simple Popup sounds to be fine for OP.
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal

Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Posts: 60997
    
  65

Arun Giridhar wrote:
Albareto McKenzie wrote:Yep, you can reinvent the wheel as much as you want, but I think the simple answer to show a popup client side is just show an alert. You can also use libraries like jQuery or Sencha ExtJS to create the popups.

I never Like to use JQuery or Prototype for Simple Things.Although Simple Popup sounds to be fine for OP.

Very little is simple anymore on the client. Using a well-known library rather than re-inventing the wheel is a sound approach.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: popup using Java,jsp,jquery,javascript