This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I am planning to migrate from WebSphere Portal 6.0 to 7.0. There are many choices that are to be taken on my part, but, I want to make sure first that the following information is correct.
1) Rational Application Developer 8 is the first Rational Application Developer to support WebSphere Portal 7.
2) Rational Application Developer 8.5 is the first Rational Application Developer to support WebSphere Portal 8.
3) Developing JSF portlets using Rational Application Developer 7 is non-standard and IBM would not support it, but it is possible to do.
4) Ratiional Application Developer 7.5 is the first application developer to support JSR 286 portlets.
5) It is possible to migrate themes from portal 6.0 to 7.0, but it is recommended to make a new theme on Portal 7.0 and customize it.