Because I know all the specifics, I've decided not to use Browser Feature Detection. BFD seems like an extremely good general solution but more processing than I need for this specific instance. I've tested what I have in Chrome, Firefox, couple versions of Opera, and Safari as well as MSIE with GCF and it works fine. At this point, I'm hiding one feature from MSIE < 10 because it's not supported. But if GCF has been installed, it needs to be available.
Correlation does not prove causality.
Roger F. Gay
posted 3 years ago
OK, this happens from time to time. So much time and effort, and then magically, just after asking, the answer is revealed. Might have something to do with composing thoughts while asking the question. Anyway. I already check to see if the user's browser is MSIE < 10. I just needed this.