Senior Java Developer 3 months with possibility of FT for a solid performer
Seattle, WA - Out of state candidate are welcome to apply!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Our client, one of the world's most admired companies, is looking for super talented engineers to build a compelling differentiated high-class customer experience both on the PC and mobile via the latest web technologies such as HTML5 and Spring MVC. Moreover, they're looking for engineers who also have a passion for building scalable systems that will support them worldwide, as they continue to expand internationally past Japan, United Kingdom, Germany and France. The ideal candidate would be someone who is entrepreneurial and likes to wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that mirrors more of a start-up than a big company.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will be asked to help lead and mentor other engineers in designing and delivering new systems which will allow our site to scale to support a massive product selection, multiple countries and multiple development teams to innovate independently. Provide vision and solve problems unique to the industry and create new features that the industry has not seen before.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in building scalable, highly performance, e-commerce systems.
- Candidates must be self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and be team players.
- Strengths in coding, data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and OS security fundamentals.
- Be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we're agile (i.e. Scrum) and deliver value incrementally and frequently
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems and highly performant web services.
- Experiencing mentoring and leading a medium size team of software development engineers
- IOS and Android website development, Spring MVC experience are major pluses
- Linux experience preferred.
- Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience managing other software development engineers.
- Experience with search/personalization/data mining technologies.
- Experience launching an entirely new website end to end.
For immediate consideration, please send an updated resume to: