• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

After settting up maven, then what?

 
Mike London
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1190
4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
So, once you install Maven can you just add your own classes and code and from that point (once dependencies are done) and Maven will take care of things?

IOW, do you have to do anything special in the "maven project" to add your own code?

Haven't been able to find an end-to-end Java-maven example using any IDE as of yet.

Thanks,

-mike
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 34237
341
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mike London wrote:So, once you install Maven can you just add your own classes and code and from that point (once dependencies are done) and Maven will take care of things?

Yes. You need to add any dependencies to the pom.xml. And you need to use the Maven project layout (/src/main/java for java files.)

Mike London wrote:Haven't been able to find an end-to-end Java-maven example using any IDE as of yet.

Which IDE? Eclipse has a Maven plugin that makes thins easier. And it has a nice tutorial.
 
Mike London
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1190
4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:
Mike London wrote:So, once you install Maven can you just add your own classes and code and from that point (once dependencies are done) and Maven will take care of things?

Yes. You need to add any dependencies to the pom.xml. And you need to use the Maven project layout (/src/main/java for java files.)

Mike London wrote:Haven't been able to find an end-to-end Java-maven example using any IDE as of yet.

Which IDE? Eclipse has a Maven plugin that makes thins easier. And it has a nice tutorial.


As I just found out, the WSDL was being generated, it just wasn't a disk-based WSDL. And, I wasn't using the right URL to view it.

I'm still having a 404 problem where I'm trying to get the @PayloadRoot annotations to be correct so the service can be found. Very frustrating and time consuming.

Thanks very much for your reply.

mike
 
Peter Johnson
author
Bartender
Posts: 5852
7
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Here's some free online docs that will help you get started with Maven:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html
http://www.maestrodev.com/support/
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/

I highly recommend that you get used to using Maven outside of an IDE first. Once you understand you Maven works and how it expects it project to be set up, then you can go back to the IDE.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic